Akins Accelerators full auto type firearm no stamp needed.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 23, 2006.

1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I'm also not an "expert" (ex-spurt - former drip under pressure) but during twenty-two years in the Marines, I did put a lot of rounds through an M-16; and I tend to agree with the one shot - one kill frame of mind. On a couple of different quick reaction/ engagement courses that we ran, I found that with single shots I could easily put two quick, well aimed shots into the head of a silhouette target, but on auto or burst I would often miss the target entirely. Most of the guys with me had similar results, and it definitely made an impression on those of us who ran through the drill - nice, well aimed, single shots were the answer.

I've never tried the product in question, but I would imagine that it would drastically affect accuracy.

From another perspective, I can't imagine using full auto on a mob unless they were converging on my property with the intent of doing me grievous bodily harm. In that situation, I'd have to bury or burn all the bodies for sanitation purposes. I think I'd rather double-tap a few of the ring leaders and convince the rest of the mob that they should take up another hobby. I'd have a much smaller hole to dig. : )

All that being said, it would probably be a lot of fun to play with this thing at the range.

2. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

In my opinion, Full Auto Fire is not really meant to be Killing fire. Its for Suppressive Fire while you or your allies move to better tactical positions. Therefore it has its place in battle. That being said, those that say One Shot One Kill, why aren't you packing Bolt Action Single Shot Rifles then? [stirpot]

FA or in this Case Semi-Full Auto is mostly just for fun. So don't knock it just because its not your cup of tea. Well, unless yer the one paying for the Ammo =X

Quigley_Sharps and BTPost like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I was a Combat Arms Instructor after SE Asia; as it was the Army's flavor the era we taught the "double tap" with the 45acp. The theory was with two shots the second usually hit which was born out on the ranges. As the trainee's skill increased usually both shots hit with less time between them. As Vietnam was still in full swing; we trained a lot of OCS types.

The groups was about 70% ex-combat Vets (11B, 11D etc) and about 30% ex-close support (road security MPs, Combat engineers, etc). The 70% were always better than the 30% with FA. As it was our job we all got lots of trigger time on Unk's dime. I could easily be wrong but based on that one experiences applying FA "properly;" is a skill best seasoned in combat.

Edit:
    It can break an attack's back by the pure volume of its killing.

4. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I hate to bring bad news, but I think the Akins device may be illegal. There was a lot of back and forth on it on other boards.

Check the 3rd page in this thread. There is a BATFE letter there saying it is legal. You may want to get your own, though....
    AR15 bump stock = legal or not? - AR15.COM

Info from a different board:
    In my experience, FA fire is useful, but only if it is accurate FA fire. Meaning from a heavier crew serve or automatic rifle (SAW). LW does not work well on a FA. Heck, even the sub machine guns of yesteryear, firing much weaker cartridges were heavier than our AR15 carbines of today. Just my 2 cents (I was an M240B gunner for some 8 months).

5. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

[peep]

Because I want to be able to deliver a lot of QUICK single shots. I'm not "knocking" FA, and it definitely has it's place, as suppressive fire. I'm certainly not going to close on someone firing accurate FA, at least until he has to change his magazines. I'm saying that, FOR MYSELF, I have found little reason to fire on FA, and can't imagine very many scenarios which would recommend it; and in all of those scenarios, I'm always paying for the ammo, and hauling it around. And I don't want to be the one changing magazines when some ole boy slithers up close enough to deliver "one shot, one kill."
    :D
    It looks like you and I are just down the road from one another.

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

The Akins may be illegal, did not look into it, but the SSAR-15 is not YET. The friend that I plan on trying it out on Monday with is a licensed dealer and he would not be selling it if it was illegal. If it works as good as the videos show, I'm getting one.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

[winkthumb][winkthumb]

I did a couple of tours in III Corps Vietnam; 11D4.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Give use a review Monday...I'm interested...

9. Mountainman

Will do. Just talked to him and Monday afternoon is still a go.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

I'd buy one locally if I could and pay cash.

Drivers license ? Hey I don't drive, walked here !

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Thanks for the update Gator!

12. Mountainman

I posted a review of the SSAR-15 stock in the sub-forum "Range reports" if you are interested.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Can you say Saiga room cleaner LOL
    [fnny]

14. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

Now if they made one for the 12 guage...

*erupts in manical laughter*

15. shrapnel

shrapnel Monkey+

Bumpfiring with 5 round mags sucks... Plus it is innacurate! But fun!

16. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

That's why they make 20 round drums !

17. shrapnel

shrapnel Monkey+

I'm located in Kanada where the limit for rifle is five rounds.... Worst than Komifornia!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7