Alaska State Land Auction for 2011

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by BTPost, Mar 3, 2011.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

for you Monkeys, that would like to own a "Chunk of Alaska, the State DNR has released the 2011 Land Auction and Sale Notice. See the attached PDF....
    The Links on the Notice will become active on March 7th of this year.

The Auction, by Internet and snailMail starts on April 1st and ends on May 25th
    and parcels that are NOT sold at auction, will then be sold OTC (over the counter) First Come, First Served, starting on June1 thru July 20th

Anything that is still left after that will be for sale OTC from then till they are gone....

Attached Files:

2. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

I still have my land in the Yukon, got it from Sgt Preston and his dog Storm! Still gotta get up there and find it though....

3. BTPost

I think the Dogs name was King, as I recall.....

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

ON, King!! ON, you huskies!! (Yeah, I have a square inch someplace, too.)

5. BTPost

I guess we are showing our AGE, Huh Ghrit...

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thanks Im on it!

7. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

OOOPS, I guess my sometimers is showing.
    still got my decoder rings, several of them from many places and times.
    Love the 'hidden' compartment.
    I hated when Cracker Jacks started giving those stupid decal things instead of a whistle or ?. Guess kids started to eat them.
    Still got a few green stamp books, full, wanna trade? ha ha

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

What kind of deals have you seen some of this go for in past auctions?

9. BTPost

The auctions start at what the State says the Assessed Value of the parcel is worth. In the economy BEFORE Obuma, this usually was anywhere between 40 - 60 percent of what equivalent Lands have sold for in the area. How that translates today, I have little clue. The State will finance these sales, (long tern 20-30 Years with no PrePayment penalty) usually at what the going Mortgage Rate is at the time of Sale, but there usually are a few Deed Restrictions on the land until it is paid off. These are noted in the Deed. Mostly, like you can't LOG, or remove Gravel, FOR SALE, and things like that. You have to check the DEED. ALL Land that passes thru State hands, will have NO MINERAL, OR WATER Rights attached. A Water Right can be obtained from the State DNR, upon application, and then any such Water Right, henceforth is attached to that Deed. The State of Alaska NEVER sells Mineral Rights, or TIDELANDS, and that is by State Statute. ALL land that is is adjacent to TIDELANDS, that has passed thru State hands will have a 50 Ft Public Access Easement above Mean High Water. (High Tide Line) You own the land, but anyone can walk along the beach or drive vehicles on the beach in front of your place. You can get a Use Permit, from DNR, to build docks, boat landings, or other uses on Tidelands, for those adjacent Uplands that you own. That Permit will be issued AFTER you complete the Army Corps of Engineers review, and other State Requirements, and then henceforth it attached to your Uplands Deed. Each Borough (County) will also have Lands Sales, for some of there Municipal Lands that they received from the State, under the Municipal Lands Statute. This is where I purchased my Beach Lot and Upland Lot here. These are usually advertised on each Boroughs Website, or by contacting the Borough Lands Manager. Boroughs usually follow the same rules as the State, for these Auctions. Then there are the usual Private parties that are selling land that they own. I know of a couple of Overpriced Beach Lots, here local, that have been on the market for YEARS, as the owners think they are worth way MORE than what they really are. So if someone is in the "More Money, than Brains" class, and just can't live without a "Chunk of Alaska" I can hel;p you out.... I also know of a couple of upland lots, local, where the owners, just might be willing to sell, as they haven't been around in a decade, or so, and have no plans to return.... ....

10. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

Cool. Thanks

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Plus there is a very nice military discount, too. Correct me if I am wrong, BT. I think it said you have to be a resident of AK or plan to be for at least 1 year if you decide to apply the military discount on land purchases? And you need to supply the DD214 of course.

12. BTPost

Depends on the auction.... some are for Residents only and some are for ANYONE... the Military discount does need the Military form for sure...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7