Alex Jones gets his cumupance…

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by BTPost, Aug 4, 2022.

1. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Neither side should politicize the deaths of innocent people but both sides do. Alex Jones might be a dumb ass in a lot of things but has has also gotten some things right over the last couple year. There are many other conspiracy people I like better than him. This verdict should be overturned. The “trial” was an unconstitutional sham. Not saying he is totally innocent here BUT if you read up on how this went down you should be appalled at the state of the US legal system. Talk about a politicized kangaroo court… Also If I was a parent of one of the kids that died I would have kicked his ass. If a family member had done that and I was on the jury I would have found them innocent. Anyone who tries to profit off the deaths of children deserves to have their asses kicked no matter what side of the political spectrum they are on.

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

My guess is the whacko judge knows it will be overturned; however, that takes time, effort and money and that is the reason she did it.

EDIT: Watching the video now...Sure seems Alex has a really good mouthpiece and it certainly seems this was a setup and we all better hope it gets overturned.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    enloopious and Brokor like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Well said, and I second this statement wholeheartedly. [winkthumb]

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The Parents are the wrong plaintiffs and the basis is all wrong. AJs Followers should be the Plaintiffs and it should be a fraud case. He did after all promote something he believed to be false for profit at the expense of his followers. It would not surprise me if a class action suit from his listeners is his next court excursion.

chelloveck, Bandit99 and Tempstar like this.
  5. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Here are several clips where the "news" calls him a conspiracy theorist.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

They have no where to house and feed millions, so the incarcerate theory does not work.
    The IRS expansion is a money grab, put simply. Keeping the gravy train on the tracks.
    The FBI raid, IMHO, is to disqualify Trump from running again, and just maybe to declare Martial law and suspend elections if people take to the streets.

oldawg likes this.
  8. enloopious

9. enloopious

10. enloopious

11. enloopious

12. enloopious

Soooo a billion dollars for getting a news story wrong...

How much can we sue Fauci for lying about the CV/VAX?

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

No, hurt 'feelings is not the issue, Alex Jones had damages awarded against him for DEFAMATION of parents of the victims of the Sandy Hook mass shooting. Jones had benefited substantially from exploiting financially from his broadcasted lies...all the way to the bank in promoting sales of his online products.

Whether Jones outlasts the US government or not is an irrelevant question...the more important question is, whether Jones outlasts the relevant US and State judicial systems he has offended against...it appears that he has not outlasted the court in this particular case.

[​IMG]

I have no sympathy for Jones's travails...he, rather than the government was the author of his own troubles.

14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Good luck collecting.

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Since the libtarded Jackboots have pretty well destroyed Alex Jones' career and life, who will their next target be? Seems "Freedom Of Speech" is now extinct.

Minuteman likes this.
  16. chelloveck

Well, collecting is always a challenge...and the same will undoubtedly apply to Donaldo the Grifter-in-Chief when his felonious pigeons come home to roost...that said, undischarged bankrupts welching on their legal obligations might find it difficult plying any reputable legitimate business.

Oh that the institution of debtor's prisons made a limited revival. :) Debtors' prison - Wikipedia,

[​IMG]
    The Return of Debtors Prison | David Boles, Blogs

or even better still, biblically inspired indentured servitude to work off his debt....that lard@ss could benefit from doing some actual physical labour.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  17. enloopious

That's the whole reason people incorporate, so if something goes wrong, they can close the corporation and start a new one. To prevent this from happening the activist judge had to also sue him personally.

18. enloopious

oldawg, Homer Simpson and Minuteman like this.
  19. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

You beat me to it. Yep this is the slippery slope. Now speech can cost you big bucks. The argument in the Jones trial was that people who listened to him harrassed the Sandy Hook parents and a cop that investigated it. So if you say something and someone does something you are the one to blame. You are the one they will come after. If you're rich. They can't make free speech illegal but they can and will come after you financially. Like I said, it doesn't matter what you think of Jones. He's not one of my favorite people either. I've had some differences with him in the past. But to celebrate him being sued into silence is bad all around.
    It's the same argument they are going after Trump with over J6. His words inspired others to commit crimes so he has to be punished. It's bullshit.
    I argued this years ago with so called Holocaust deniers. It doesn't matter how you feel about it personally but there are many unanswered questions and many narratives that have been proven false. But if you question any of it you can actually go to jail in many countries.
    I've told this story before. I had a school assignment to write an essay on what it meant to be American. This was back in the 60's when they actually studied things like that. I asked my dad, a Korean War vet and he told me
    " being an American means that I may not agree with what you say. I might not like what you say. But I will fight for your right to say it"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  20. chelloveck

It would seem that the American way is also to give a free pass to individuals and organisations to harm others with their lies and misrepresentations, whilst profiting massively from the words that they falsely assert. In the Jones case, the punitive damages component serves to discourage others from taking the road that Jones had taken...Jones and his legal team could have made a legitimate effort at offering a defence, but their legal dickery earned Jones a default judgement against himself. In that sense it was a case of Jones harming himself, by his own asinine stupidity.

Jones used the power of his bully pulpit to enrich himself at the expense of others whose lives had been harmed by his lies and his demonstrated disregard for the truth. Jones was given his day in court, but the buffoon and his 'counsel' screwed the legal pooch...he, by his actions neither earned nor deserves sympathy.

There is a difference between legitimate discourse protected under the 1st amendment, and defamation. Fail to understand the difference, or knowingly disregard the difference, and you too may have your day in court.

Defamation of Character or Free Speech?

Libel and Slander

Defamation and False Statements Under the First Amendment

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7