All it takes is a snowstorm?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by USMCwife, Feb 8, 2010.

1. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

http://www.wxii12.com/news/22487153/detail.html

It's a shame that it only took a snowstorm for this small NC town to outlaw the buying of guns and ammo, to carry off your own property, and reinstate prohibition. The "curfew" didn't last long, but what a sad state of affairs.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Well now, that is something...Locals had better let those that did this know they are in deep stuff! But, like so many others, it will be more than likely be forgotten soon ......(except for the instigators!)

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I am saddened to see North Carolina becoming more like California every year. Beautiful land, love the Blue Ridge area - but their laws are getting ever more draconian.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

This pretty much sums it up entirely.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I could not agree more!

6. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Issuing threats to the Police Chief just complicates the problem and distracts the whole issue .

The residents should have turned on their brains and been calling the elected officials that caused the whole problem and then follow through by tossing them out of office on the next election and never electing them again .

Funny though that the Chief was careful and avoided giving her opinion of the whole situation .

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I disagree with you. We have become too soft -our modern, plush lifestyles and consumer mentality clouds our judgment. I don't FEAR being singled out by Gestapo Agents! We must take a stand and resist tyrants EVERY time, or we are certain not to have an ounce of Liberty left to wallow in. Instead, we will only be wading in our own feces, wondering why "bad things happen to good people". [shtf] Such is the way of a dying civilization.

Yup. Police are no good as employees of the State. They are best suited at being servants to the People...promote them all back to being civilians with a paycheck and a badge in order to recognize them. I favor that they not be in business at all.

8. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Brokor I most ceertainly understand and agree with the spirit of your statement but if you have read the article apparently the cops weren't issuing tickets when they could have been .

For all we know this could have been because the Chief knew this whole mess was wrong and issued an order to the officers of her own , of course this is all speculations and as we know even being a cop usually means one is hip deep in politics whether they want to be or not .

I am sure the Chief is trying to sidestep this whole mess and hopes the public has the sense to correct it when the next election rolls around her job isn't one I would personally want with all of this going on .

After all she could have had officers making arrests or taking whatever actions were allowed under the law for this and then fallen back on the same tired old lame excuse of how she and the cops were "Just following orders" "as the Nazis did at the Nuremberg trials " as many a tirent has and will continue to do .

Personally I would say the lady Chief did indeed serve the people she was sworn to in a very difficult situation well and simply ignored a directive/order she could indeed have gone hog wild with an caused some serious infringements of peoples Rights and then left it up to the courts to deal with .

Trust me I've seen many a cop in positions of power who if in her shoes would have become your worst nightmare to the point of making even Hitler and Stalin red faced with jealousy because they hadn't thought of their ideas.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7