All Sam's Club stores in Alaska are closing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

We have lost Sears , In the Village I live in 3K folks winter 5K in Summer , the stores are shutting down . Over Dec2017 to Jan 2018 I counted 30 retail spots with for lease .
    What gets me is the folks who buy chips & pop & pre-made dinners / pizza and such on credit cards & then the transaction is declined.

Most expensive crappy food over pasta on sale & make your own sauce !!
    Sloth

2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

2007, we went to buy a new TV. I had a Sams club card and went there first. Vizio 32" flat screen (new tech at the time) for $499! Decided to shop around a bit, and found the exact same model # at Walmart for $449, not on sale either. We bought it, and seeing red, I went to Sams Club. The disinterested clerk told me that they would price match. My other half went ballistic and we gave them our cards back, got a pro-rated refund of $16, and haven't been back since. People just automatically shop and spend there thinking they are getting a deal because of the warehouse look and feel. The only good thing I ever saw was the free eats.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yeah.....that right there ! We used to go some when wife got a free membership thru work, but never thought they had all that good a price on things, and you get the feeling you're encouraged to WAY over buy things simply because of the bulk packaging. Or buy things you really don't need simply because it was there.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When the competition begins to disappear, the costs for what is left will rise .
    I personally do not trust on line buying ,it's been a disappointment several times .
    With a brick and mortar store you have some one to talk to and get things straitened out at your convenience .
    If I'm working on a project I like to see the things I'm buying and have hands on before I make a decision. It's worth It to me to pay a little extra for that, and it puts things in my hand the time I need them usually or at least if they are out I know to go some where else.
    And usually especially if it's a hard ware store there is a customer service person that might have more details on the product I'm interested .
    Advertising does not always divulge all the details critical to one's needs , either because the FACTS are a deal breaker ,or the person writing the advertising doesn't actually know any thing about the product . I have even read advertising that is misleading and misinformation .
    So if your confidence is in these people, by all means believe them and buy all their junk.
    But for me , I will support the brick and mortar stores .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7