Alone

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by ChrisNuttall, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Thanks guys...can I get any comments, nits and suggestions?

Chris

2. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Thank You for another tale,WELL DONE!!If you were in the States,a bottle for petrol would would be a gas can.A bottle of propane is usually called a tank,unless it's the kind used for a camp stove,or lantern.Then it's a bottle.Being set in Scotland it might be better called a bottle,if thats the term used in the Isle's.
    I can see other stories in the world portrayed,with other pockets of mankind.
    Maybe even linked together by a group of sailboats banded together.
    Matt

3. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

I may turn it into a full-sized novel, if there is enough interest. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Chris

flyaway likes this.
  4. Gray Fox

Gray Fox Monkey+

Chris:

I think this has several directions it could go, individually or several branches close together. Eventual contact with others--peaceful & not; what food will they be able to grow in that climate and how they do it, animal husbandry & large scale fishing. There must be folks who can handle the abandoned boats, etc. Further character development of the others on the island, what skills do they have, how do they contribute to long term survival/flourishing/near failure? I like the story so far and would like to see more of it come. Gray Fox

Wags likes this.
  5. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Question - what happened to this?

If the project is no longer on, I'd like to put the story on Kindle...

Chris

6. Wags

Wags Monkey+

Great story - would love to see it lengthened and fleshed out into a full length novel.

7. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

I might, one day. Need to give it some thought.

Chris

8. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

great story Chris, Looking forward to more if you do expand it

9. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Thanks! I may do so one day, but for the moment it'll go up on Kindle as a novella.

Chris

10. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7