Aluminum Scope Mount Test

Discussion in 'Sadlak Industries' started by RightHand, Oct 20, 2005.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Our aluminum scope mounts have proved to be quite popular, in part due to their weight (122.8 grams = 4.311 oz) and in part due to their price ($139.00).

As it was designed, this mount has a black anodized finish which seems more in keeping with the AK than the M14/M1A. I've been grumbling about the color since we got the first run back from coating but no one (other than me) has complained. However, since I do have some input with Mike Sadlak, we have been testing some alternative coatings which are more aesthetically pleasing. The Tungsten coated aluminum was just beautiful but very expensive. Now, we are testing a hard coat which more closely resembles the parkerized finish of the receiver. We have one prototype in and another 20 pc at the finisher coater so within the next few weeks, I will be running a special to help us determine what our customers want in a finish.

For the next 20 orders for Aluminum Scope Mounts, we will send 2 mounts - 1 original black anodized and 1 with the new hard coat. You pick which one you like best and return the other to us in the prepaid shipping box.

This will give us a pretty good idea of which coating our customers prefer.

What do you think about this as a means of testing?

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

May want to have thier credit card number in case they decide they like them both. lol

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

With few exceptions, we bill credit cards before we ship. We do have a few commercial customers (i.e. Brownells) and the military who buy on open credit.

4. lowcrawler

lowcrawler Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think that sounds like a great idea. I wish that had been available when I bought my aluminum Sadlak mount a few months back. I really liked the ease of mount tho and how solid it is not to mention the return to zero part. I really feel though that it is the best mount for the dollar available. I would have loved to have been able to buy the titanium one, but alas, I am on an aluminum budget it seems.

5. RightHand

I'm really glad to hear you are happy with the mount lowcrawler. It's the perfect alternative to the more pricy versions in steel or titanium. I get lots of questions about the rigidity of the aluminum version but the 7075 aircraft grade is far superior to lower grade commercial aluminums. How do you find that it withstands the recoil? Have you had any problems at all that we should address?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7