Am i crazy for thinking this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PaleHorse, Oct 18, 2006.

1. PaleHorse

PaleHorse Monkey+++

I often get mail from the NRA, I wanna join. I want to get my Concelled Weapons Permit, but dont. I want to get my full auto permit, but again dont.
    I just dont like the idea of my name being in all those databases. I get the thought that if they ever took away the 2nd amendment, or if a police state insued, foreign occupation etc... The first thing that they would do is search this database and start rounding up us "trouble makers"
    As far as Uncle Sam goes I was in the military so my names already in a hundred databases, but in a SHTF scenerio I'd like to have as low of a profile as possible. What do y'all think?

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

you know what to do. and everyone else does too.
    One for you one for them.........:D

3. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Let's see, became a life member of the NRA 11 years ago, have FA and a CCW. CC&R too! No one bugs me but it does get hard to hear the TV with all the black helicopters buzzing the house. :cool:

I think you guys are nuts, mostly. :) If you think you are somehow hiding from the .gov now you are very much mistaken. Pay taxes? SS? Buy guns? Have a job? You can live in fear your whole life like alot of these yahoos but I'll tell ya - it's much more fun to own that stuff than to worry about the sky falling.

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Amen and a Second to that setiment..... :)

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Yep. Agreed.

My Privacy rants and raves are my trying to keep myself out of private consumer databases. I have never had any illusion that I could 'hide' from the .gov.

In fact, Uncle Sam and Auntie Tennessee are the only ones that get my real info when I fill out thier forms.

As for being on a list for future hassle if they ever ban all guns? Doesn't really matter at that point. I had to give up no more info for my Suppressors than for my library card; and thee days, either one can get you noticed.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7