Amazing Facts about our Eyes

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by jefferson, Sep 1, 2023.

1. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

[​IMG]

Eyes are one of the major sensory organs. People should know about some amazing facts about eyes.
    • People can blink five times per second.
    • Most of the time people blink several times while talking with others.
    • Single eye blink lasts 100-150 milliseconds.
    • Without taking any rest, human eyes function 100% at any movement.
    • Humans have two eyeballs, this will help to compare two images or objects and allow us to find the distance between that object from us.
    • Eyes are taking only 48 hours to heal for minor issues, when we are taking proper care and solution.
    • The human eyes are about 1 inch across and weigh about 0.25 ounces.
    • The human eye has the power to differentiate approximately 10 million different colors.
    • The human eyes remain the same size throughout life, whereas the human nose and ears never stop growing.
    • The average eyelashes shed during his/her lifetime, he/she can measure 98 feet long.
    If you know some interesting facts about eyes, you can also share with me through this forum post.

Zimmy, Meat, Altoidfishfins and 3 others like this.
  2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

They are one of the fastest healing things you have. also something else people take for granted.

Meat likes this.
  3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Mine change color, so they say.

Zimmy likes this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Mine too. From light blue, though hazel and into a muddy green. Based on mood and intoxication level, it seems. I dunno. My color vision is garbage

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
    CraftyMofo and Meat like this.
  5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

My evil ex would go from muddy brown to hazel to muddy green depending on mood, Satan himself wouldn't mess with her when they were hazel.

Zimmy likes this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When I worked on boats there was the difficulty of readjusting every time you changed environments of light and dark, so I learned to close one eye when outside and open it while in the darker part of the boat that had dim lighting, thus my dark vision was spared.
    I am guessing that is why pirates (or men aboard ships) wore eyepatches, especially those that went above and below deck regularly.

jefferson and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I do this when people come at me with high beams on. I notice a trend of people going blind since half the cars coming at me have their high beams on and fog lights on. and it's a nice clear night.

9. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Yeah, you are right, really this trick is surely good while working in the boat. Thanks for sharing your experience to this forum post.

10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

They see images that get transmitted to the brain and stored in memory, sometimes to never be forgotten.

jefferson likes this.
  11. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Yes, 100% true. Some images and incidents are never forgotten from our memories. It may have both sad and happy moments.

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7