American Community Survey(courtesy of the Census Bureau)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VHestin, May 4, 2011.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Me and my big mouth about everyone(especially the government) needing to mind their own *censored* business. We were 'randomly' selected to fill out the survey, to help with proper funding/programs of course. This is just the first 2 sections:

Person 1 is the person living or staying here in whose name the house
    or apartment is owned, being bought, or rented.
    What is Person 1's name?
    What is Person 1's sex?
    What is Person 1's age and what is Person 1's date of birth?
    Is Person 1's of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?
    What is Person 1's race?

HOUSING
    Which best describes this building?
    A mobile home
    A one-family house detached from any other house
    A one-family house attached to one or more houses
    A building with 2 apartments
    A building with 3 or 4 apartments
    A building with 5 to 9 apartments
    A building with 10 to 19 apartments
    A building with 20 to 40 apartments
    A building with 50 or more apartments
    Boat, RV, van, etc.

About when was this building first built?

When did PERSON 1 move into this house, apartment, or mobile home?
    How many acres is this house or mobile home on?

In the past 12 months, what were the actual sales of all agricultural
    products from this property?

Is there a business (such as a store or barber shop) or a medical
    office on this property?

How many seperate rooms are in ths house, apartment, or mobile home?
    How many of these rooms are bedrooms?

Does this house, apartment, or mobile home have-
    a. hot and cold running water?
    b. a flush toilet?
    c. a bathtub or shower?
    d. a sink with a faucet?
    e. a stove or range?
    f. a refrigerator?
    g. telphone service from which you can both make and receive calls?
    Include cell phones.

How many automobiles, vans, and trucks of one-ton capacity or less are
    kept at home for use by members of this household?

Which FUEL is used MOST for heating this house, apartment, or mobile home?

Last month, what was the cost of electricity for this house, apartment
    or mobile home?

Last month, what was the cost of gas for this house, apartment or mobile home?

In the past 12 months, what was the cost of water and sewer for this
    house, apartment, or mobile home?

In the past 12 months, what was the cost of oil, coal, kerosene, wood,
    etc., for this house, apartment, or mobile home?

In the past 12 months, did anyone in this household receive Food
    Stamps or a Food Stamp benefit card? Include government benefits from
    the Supplemental Nutrution Assistance Program(SNAP). Do NOT include
    WIC or the National School Lunch Program.

Is this house, apartment, or mobile home part of a condiminium?(If
    yes, what is the monthly condiminium fee?)
    Is this house, apartment, or mobile home-
    Owned by you or someone in this household with a mortage or loan?
    Include home equity loans.
    Owned by you or someone in this household free and clear(without a
    mortage or loan)?
    Rented?
    Occupied without payment of rent?

What is the monthly rent for this house, apartment, or mobile home?

About how much do you think this house and lot, apartment, or mobile
    home(and lot, if owned) would sell for if it were for sale?

What are the annual real estate taxes on THIS property?

What are the annual payment for fire, hazard, and flood insurance on
    THIS property?

Do you or any member of this household have a mortage, deed of trust,
    contract to purchase, or similar debt on THIS property?

Does the regular monthlly mortgage payment include payments for real
    estate taxes on THIS property?

Do you or any member of this household have a mortage, deed of trust,
    contract to purchase, or similar debt on THIS property?

How much is the regular monthly payment on all second or junior
    mortgages and all home equity loans on THIS property?

What are the total annual costs for personal property taxes, site
    rent, registration fees, and license fees THIS on mobile home and its
    site?

What's really interesting is that alot of this information they should already have. Property taxes for example, they're based on the kind of house and how much land you have. Which the local county has so they can charge you properly. The rest of it is none of their business....

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Had the same one a few months back. Not answered, and for the same reasons. They can get the same tax, value, and school info from public records and I refused to do the research for them. (And the rest of it is a nunya, too.) What was then and remains is whether or not it is dot gov or some other organization trying to find sheep.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

mark it with a black sharpie.... "pack sand where the sun don't shine!" ... and mail it in.

Sapper John, Falcon15 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When those show up in our Mail, they go into the Community Burn Barrel, along with the rest of the Junk Mail..... .....

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

DITTO! The ACS is just another piece of useless Goobermint trash.......

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Just draw the one finger salute on it and mail it back.

7. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I threw mine away, several times.

They will call you and bug you ( to the point of threats and intimidation ) until you make it quite plain you don't intend to comply, that Congress has no Constitutional authority to require you to furnish the information, and then they will go away.....and try the same crap with somebody else.

8. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

All the 'requirements and mandates' are on their end of it. The law requires that the survey be set-up and administered. There is no law that says the people they select must comply. They know it at the top. Unfortunately, it makes their job much easier if they fail to inform their pit-bulls at the bottom of this simple fact. There is no real accountability within the system and they know that too. :rolleyes: I sometimes wish I had no morals. I'd love to sit in an office with my feet up thriving on the blood, sweat and tears of the suckers out there. Alas, I'm just too good at being one of the suckers. [kneelsuckers]

Pitch it and when they call, be polite the first two times. After that commence laughing at them for wasting so much time accomplishing nothing. I like to just set the phone down and go about my business. When the 'off-the-hook' tone gets annoying enough I'll hang it up. Well, I stopped doing this now that I am on a Trac-phone. Those minutes are too expensive to be wasting on .gov twits! At least I have no monthly cell phone bill. Actually it rather surprises me that .gov hasn't totally outlawed a resource that is prone to so much abuse!

Byte

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Annoying phone calls from the Goobermint?

Get one of those canned air horns from WallyWorld's boating section - blast the caller then hang up! Worked wonders on some phone solicitors I had some time back - they never called back! [beer]

10. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

I'd totally wash out on that one. No H/C running water, no mortgage, debt, no bills 'cept I-net and phone. Insurence for car no heating bill ect...
    I do admit that (oh no) I did phone solicitaions for a little while, only job around at the time. Please don't do the horn thing, the people on the other end are just trying to make a living, 'Just say NO!' and hang up.
    Caller ID is nice, don't even answer.

No Gvt hand outs either.

11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I know the ASL gesture for 'a**hole', would that count? I'm gonna just do what I'm really legally required to do, tell them how many people live at our address, and I'm also going to include a typed letter saying just that and also that the information is mostly a matter of public record already and unless they want to pay me to do THEIR research for them, too bad...

12. ylisa7

ylisa7 Monkey+

I wouldn't do anything. Can they prove you got it? Did they send it "signature required"? Nope..then you never got it. Burn it.

Those hair bags have enough info on us. Not our fault they can't get their shi* together.

13. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yep.....I threw 3 of them away. Then the area code 202 phone calls start ( Washington, DC ) and finally they send out a local employee to harass you.

14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

No phone calls yet. And they'd just talk to the answering machine anyways. We let it pick up all the calls, and if it's someone we want to talk to, we'll pick up after they start leaving a message. All the answering machine message does is say "Hi you've reached (our phone number), leave a message." No names, so they can be calling anyone as far as they know, even themselves.

15. beast

beast backwoodsman

i got one years ago...
    wrote in big letters across it
    "i **** once a day and i wipe with a corncob"
    never got another one :)

16. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Michelle Bachmann, a GOP potential candidate, introduced legislation to limit the amount of information that the Census could ask:

I think that she appears to a decent GOP candidate. A good break from the typicals. I started a thread here, but Brokor quickly diluted it to some sort of anti-Zionist debate:
    http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/politics/28856-michelle-bachmann.html#post163296

I honestly don't think she has a chance. The GOP just seems to repeat mistakes by ignoring the messages the Tea Party crowd is sending. Going to be interesting.

I didn't have to fill out a census this time around.

17. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Some guy from Census came to the house yesterday and I told him that all I am legally required to provide is number of people at our residence. "Are you refusing to answer?" "No, I'm telling what I am legally required to, which is that 2 people live here."

Here's a good link on how to tell them to suck it(in a civil and legal manner however): How to Legally Refuse to Participate in the Census Survey - Truth is Treason

18. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

After telling him 2 people you forgot to tell him he was trespassing and then throw him off your property. Been there done that.

tacmotusn and beast like this.
  19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I was going to also say that as a government employee he is in fact a public servant and therefore I am his employer and he can get the hell off my property before I fire his ass, but I was feeling lazy.

Added: I really need to brush up on the Constitution and Supreme Court rulings. Been lazy about too much lately...

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What the sam hill is the census bureau doing out and about this time of year? I think you had a crook on your doorstep. I'd be making a call and checking that out.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7