American Community Survey(courtesy of the Census Bureau)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VHestin, May 4, 2011.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

yup, quite possible. Put em' down spread eagle at gunpoint, record id info, return id, give perp (tresspasser) opportunity to flee and or call leo's to remove this miscreant from your property. I would hazard a guess that particular individual would never darken your door again.

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

When I told the nice Census lady that I would answer ONLY the one question required by the Constitution - the number of residents - she agreed I was right. Then she thanked me and left. Have not heard from them since. Anyone in the Census system causing trouble needs to be given a lesson in our RIGHTS.

3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well I presume it was legit, since got a FedEx'd letter last night from Census Bureau in Seattle telling me it's MANDATORY. Sad part, some people will believe it, even knowing the Constitution. On Facebook someone posted the Census section of the Constitution and then said it proved they have the right to do it. I just replied asking them if they knew what enumeration meant.

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I think it would be beneficial to arrange an specified meeting time for the person to come and visit the farm. You should round up some really mean dogs that won't let the person out of the car and then pull an Inspector Clouseau on them:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2kEUxaQ3c7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

haha I did wish that we still had our geese. Vicious little buggers, even to us. They 'attacked' a friend's truck once.

6. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

1)The American Community Survey is not the Census,SO I DONT TELL THEM $H!+!!
    2)The Census is only supposed to be done every 10yrs.PERIOD!!
    3)The ONLY thing that is required of you,is to tell them how many residents there are in the household.That is all they'll get from me.
    Anything else,they can pound sand,or add to their list,how many dogs I have(7large),and which ones bite where when riled(all).
    Matt

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Funny thing(funny in sad way that is), I had taped to my door a letter listing all the Constitutional statues/Supreme Court rulings saying they have no legal standing for their stupid survey, and the survey taker read it(the last day he came when we were doing yard sale at neighbors', which he stopped and checked out after he saw our van there on his way out) and reported my 'refusal' as based on the gender of the survey taker.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7