American Rifleman: disaster gun of choice

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Sep 19, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

tulianr likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Not on the list, but a like gun is the M1 Garand "Tanker", yup I hear the groans now, but who else has shot one that was correctly converted?

Rebuilt with a new stock, proper one piece top with now a rail system in place, a bleed off screw and you have all the power of the 30-06 that will shoot any ammo off the shelf, bayonet of your choice, small configuration, and a smooth bottom for low drag and no snag.

YMMV

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Did not check the entire list but a plain old SKS "M" style would be hard to beat. I have a M1A, AKs, etc. but like that simple old rifle.

4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

It's funny you bring the SKS up because I really like mine too. Sold a bunch of newer rifles, but will always hang on to this one.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

For mass disruption, a folder or collapsible M4.

At least a few for every adult. ;)

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

For me personally, for up-close and personal it's the Rem870 12 gauge shotgun - hard-hitting, reliable and wide ammo availability for a variety of situations and 'game'.
    For distance and firepower, my 7.62X51 CETME gets the nod. The scope gives it accuracy out to a few hundred yards - pop those zombies well away from the hacienda.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7