1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

American Rifleman: disaster gun of choice

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CATO, Sep 19, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

tulianr likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Not on the list, but a like gun is the M1 Garand "Tanker", yup I hear the groans now, but who else has shot one that was correctly converted?

Rebuilt with a new stock, proper one piece top with now a rail system in place, a bleed off screw and you have all the power of the 30-06 that will shoot any ammo off the shelf, bayonet of your choice, small configuration, and a smooth bottom for low drag and no snag.

YMMV

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Did not check the entire list but a plain old SKS "M" style would be hard to beat. I have a M1A, AKs, etc. but like that simple old rifle.

4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

It's funny you bring the SKS up because I really like mine too. Sold a bunch of newer rifles, but will always hang on to this one.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

For mass disruption, a folder or collapsible M4.

At least a few for every adult. ;)

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

For me personally, for up-close and personal it's the Rem870 12 gauge shotgun - hard-hitting, reliable and wide ammo availability for a variety of situations and 'game'.
    For distance and firepower, my 7.62X51 CETME gets the nod. The scope gives it accuracy out to a few hundred yards - pop those ZOMBIES well away from the hacienda.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7