American Titanic Sinking

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by 33percent, Aug 8, 2011.

1. 33percent

33percent Monkey+

I've been trying to tell my mother the ship is sinking, and gold is going to skyrocket. Take any funds out of her 401k and put into Gold/Silver. Too late now, and now today it shoots up over $70-80 a ounce in one day gesus. I'm trying to earn much money, and sell all the crap in my house for gold/silver just isn't enough. Is this the begining of our financial meltdown? like the water hitting our ankles, and the ship lifting itself up in the air.

Now I feel I'm going to be stuck on bottom of 3rd class, and go to the bottom of the sea. At the same time seems like no one gives a damn, no one cares while the ship sinks. Hell I'm at my college atm , when I brought up the topic of markets are tanking. People respond "alright" like there is no sense of urgency or even to the point it dosen't exist to them. Only thing that is important to them is texting on their phones or checking out facebook. WTF is something wrong with this picture or should I be asking myself should I really give a damn? drink a couple of beers, play video games, and go down with the ship. It's not in my control, if the economy collaspes it happens.

2. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

33, I might as well tell you the awful news now. The majority of your classmates there at college are there to Learn a LIL & Have fun A LOT. As long as Mommy & Daddy footing the Bill, they don't care. A large number of them will get their degrees, then move back home with Mommy & Daddy after they can't find a job, but thats okay by them. As they will try to continue the Free Ride & Party. By thinking of the economy & your future you are one step ahead of all the rest of them. Therefore it won't take you as long when you graduate to fight for a living.

tulianr likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

At least you are 3rd class and not in steerage like your classmates. Best part is, they don't know they are in steerage.

tulianr likes this.
  4. beast

beast backwoodsman

once your eyes are opened, the rest of the world seems blind
    dont be hard on the sightless, they just havent caught up
    pity them and be glad you are no longer one of them
    keep what you do to yourself, all your preps and stockups
    then no one will be hunting for you when they get hungry

BackwoodsmanUSA and tulianr like this.
  5. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

In the land of the blind, A one eyed man is king...

tulianr, BackwoodsmanUSA and VisuTrac like this.
  6. beast

beast backwoodsman

"In the land of the blind, A one eyed man is king..."sapperjohn

so why arent those of us with both eyes open in charge? ..lol

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Simply because every blind man gets his vote, just like the One eyed man gets his vote, and they outnumber us 20 to 1......

8. ISplatU

ISplatU Monkey+

I do belive thoese in charge have both eyes open, they just belong to the dark side.

9. beast

beast backwoodsman

yeah, they have both eyes open, focused on their bank accounts
    and doing their best to make them grow at our expense

10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

They raised the limit and offered baloney cuts. Now, they want to take SS etc; however, notice how nothing about all the foreign aid, military aid, and all the pet pork hasn't been mentioned??

Now, there's talk of another stimulus; will wonders ever cease?

11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

QE3 (another stimulus) happens and the Chinese will cut off Uncle Sam's dangly bits and send them back to the US in a Chinese food takeout carton. With a fortune cookie.

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

0bama and even bonehead are still doing business in the past.

Our lending institution and the people of this nation aren't happy.

13. emh1701

emh1701 Monkey+

Sadly most people are spoon fed by the mainstream media to the point where they believe whatever CNN, ABC, NBC, or CBS news tells them. The only thing that will wake most of them up is the actual SHTF event itself. I would totally buy gold if I could afford it, but I can't, so I'm putting my money into preps.

dystopia, Falcon15 and Cephus like this.
  14. 33percent

33percent Monkey+

Thanks guys just been extremely busy lately. I had this feeling years ago, I even tried to build my own business, and worked for two years then failed. The thing is I've been poor all my life, and all I do is read on economics like "Wealth of Nations." bought a $2.50 a mini book on the constitution, and independence. My mother might heading towards foreclosure while still hoping to be sent off to boot camp early so I can help her pay the bills.

I can't convince my mother or anyone in my family that Gold/Silver is the safe haven for what is happening currently. Even people at work, school, or anywhere of that matter actually don't care at all. It's like the only way it can wake them up is a actual economic collapse. Hell I even took out a girl on a sorta date, brought up Gold/Silver........it was almost I was being weird.

Honestly we Americans have been living this comfortable or being sheltered life, and everything is happy doky too long if you ask me. So nothing will go wrong. We have so much abundance of food its sinful, people are becoming overweight(why we have so many healthcare problems), systems are becoming bloated too costly/unsustainable.

Society is on the brink ripping itself apart, and with everyone having more animosity towards each other. Its getting to a tipping point, something has to give.

I just got my $300 5 gram bar of gold in the mail today. Now Gold is skyrocketing to $1800, hell I want in the military ASAP so I can take all my worthless cash and exchange it for Gold/Silver. Trying to buy much Gold/Silver as a lifeboat so when she sinks all hell will break loose.

Gold is for Kings, and Silver is Merchants..I think that's how it goes.

15. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

The saying is "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentleman. Barter is the money of peasants. Debt is the money of slaves."

Got preps?

Prepare for the worst, pray for the best.

VisuTrac and mauistacy like this.
  16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I like storing silver better than gold. I also like storing useful items just in case... I would trust a junk silver coin for barter much quicker than I'd trust gold.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7