Americans Are Drinking Radioactive Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'm afraid that distillation does not remove radiation .
    So long as the Fukashima plant had been bursting with radioactive steam, that steam moved on clouds across the pacific and deposited here in the US . Hence the formation OF THE RADIATION NETWORK .
    Eastern states had significant readings in the snow verified from the Fukushima disaster.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

First, to make a significant distinction: Radiation is the stink, radioactivity is the turds. Distillation takes the turds out, and the stink dissipates on it's own. Fuku had radioactive steam because it contained particulate matter that was released to the core water which was boiling off, not because the steam (water) itself was radioactive; the steam simply carried the activity aloft. That was not a distillation process. Snowfall (and rainfall) can capture the particulates (molecules, actually) that got loose and were carried in the weather. There is no question that Fuku had a major problem, things were not controlled.

That said, a simply home distillation plant will concentrate any radioactive species in the boil, and condensing the steam will yield zero radioactive water.

@arleigh I can point you toward some references if you'd like. PM me for more.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    3M-TA3, chelloveck and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Thanks for the picture - that I will NEVER be able to get out of my mind. :D

mysterymet, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If that's true then it would require sacrificial containers (mason jars) to boil the contaminated water in to minimize the contaminant exposure in consecutive boils .
    It would be helpful to have a sample of radioactive material for disproving the theory .

5. ghrit

Not necessarily. You could arrange a bleed and feed arrangement rather like a steam power cycle. There are several schemes that might be used, but your point is well taken for small batches. Alternatively, you could rinse out the jar with the concentrated contaminants with fresh feed stock and start heating another batch.

However, since run of the mill water is not contaminated with radioactive materials to harmful levels, any boiling you do will have mud left in the boiler that will need to be cleaned out anyway.

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you gave something for the radiation to settle into during the process say like bone meal ,I wonder if that might retain the more dangerous particles.?

7. ghrit

Charcoal filters can be used to collect and retain RADIOACTIVE (vs. radiation) particles. Settling is not a viable means to rid the water of molecular level contaminants; Brownian motion will keep them suspended. Somehow, flow would need to be induced through the filter bed for the charcoal media to do any good.

I can't speak to bone meal from any direction other than as an amendment to house plant and flower beds, but if it can be charred and activated, I imagine it might work. Charcoal filters are most often (in my experience) crushed walnut hulls, bone meal might be too fine a grind, but I really do not know. The walnut hull process results in a very porous media that provides a very large surface area to adsorb contaminants.

arleigh likes this.
  8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You made me look.

The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is an American environmental organization that specializes in research and advocacy in the areas of toxic chemicals, agricultural subsidies, public lands, and corporate accountability. EWG is a non-profit organization (501(c)(3)) whose mission, according to its website, is "to use the power of public information to protect public health and the environment".

Founded in 1993 by Ken Cook and Richard Wiles, EWG is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States. A sister organization, the EWG Action Fund, is the lobbying arm (a 501(c)(4) organization) of the organization and was founded in 2002.

Ken Cook'
    Cook graduated from the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri with an M.S. in Soil Science. He is married to environmental leader Deb Callahan. Ken is a native of Affton, Missouri and went to Vianney High School.

Cook earned a B.A. in history, B.S. in agriculture and M.S. in soil science at the University of Missouri-Columbia.

A front-page profile in the Omaha World Herald in 1996 said, "Cook's fingerprints can be found on nearly two decades of U.S. farm law." In 2000, Progressive Farmer named Cook one of agriculture's most influential leaders in the 20th Century, alongside advocates like Rachel Carson and Aldo Leopold.

From what I know of lying R Carson, can't say that is much of a plus for street cred Guy makes his living as a lobbyist. .

Ganado and ghrit like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

i will point out, it is NOT just Americans, that are drinking Randonized Water, b ut also MANY European, and Asian Countries as well, especially at the levels reported in the fata shown...

10. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

At the spas in Hot Springs, Arkansas they told us the water was mildly radioactive.

I can’t say the radiation was hurting anyone but the homeless people drinking out of the fountains didn’t seem to be getting much benefit either.

mysterymet likes this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

One of a number of reasons why I wish I had been born in a much earlier time.

12. BTPost

?????? What does the time of ones birth have to do with the amount of Radon Molecules dissolved in local water... Radon Gas is a natural product of Nuclear Decay of Heavy Element Isotopes, and actually become less over time, as the Starting Elements are decaying, per their Half-Life....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2018
    3cyl and Ganado like this.
  13. Asia-Off-Grid

I may be wrong here. But, I would think the environment in general, was much better, cleaner, and healthier A couple / few hundred years ago, than it is today. That was my point.

14. BTPost

As far as Radon goes, it is a Naturally occurring Element, produced by the natural Decay of Heavy Radio Isotopes, so any concentration in water will only get smaller over time, UNLESS one has a MAJOR Addition of those Nuclear Isotopes, local to you.... It is produced by the Natural Decay Process of Uranium, Thorium, and Radium... The MOST stable Isotope of Radon has a Half-life of only 3.8 Days...

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  15. ghrit

And of course, you are correct insofar as us high level monkeys have managed to create stuff that did not preexist us. Radioactivity predates us rather a bit longer than a while. Uranium is quite common in soils thruout the world, tho' NOT in commercially recoverable quantities except in certain concentrated areas. As far as I know there are no stable isotopes of uranium, but all of them decay to other things, and eventually to stable elements like lead. All of which means that even in uranium mines the background radiation is to all intents harmless as evidenced by the human race still being here. One might suppose that radiation somehow affected the gametes of the parents of some of the likes of Caligula or Hitler, but that is surely beyond proof or even idle conspiracy conjecture.

Radon happens to be a naturally occurring indirect daughter product of uranium decay, coming directly from radium. It is a relatively short lived molecule of inert (meaning it does not react with anything) colorless, odorless gas. It naturally decays when it's motivated to do so with an average half life of less than three days, all isotopes included. The hazard is that three of the isotopes decay with an alpha particle, and while your skin stops alpha, lung tissue is subject to damage. That damage is easily healed and is undetectable on a per particle basis, but if there's enough damage, you can guess at the results. Still, the danger is highly exaggerated in the press, just another way to sell stuff. All that said, in unventilated spaces like basements, the concentration can be high enough to present problems with prolonged exposure. No panic needed, but due caution, well, that's what we do.

Yard Dart and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I just recently found this you all might find interesting ,
    you tube Leuren Moret Fukushima Radiation is Intentional Extermination .
    She is an independent scientist that has been at the fore front of nuclear power a long time.
    Please reserve judgment till you've heard her out. She seems to be very much involved and enough credentials to satisfy any one .

17. ghrit

Ms. Moret is not directly involved with nuclear power, nor could I find anything other than her time on staff at LLNL which wasn't directly involved with nuclear power. Her expertise is in the health effects of radiation exposure. What is NOT obvious in her work with depleted uranium is that the hazard is NOT from radiation (it is depleted) but from the heavy metal poisoning. I can't find anything that directly associates her with Fukushima studies, but it could be out there somewhere. Another coverup theory, maybe?

Regardless, her training was in geology and later got a masters in "Near Eastern Studies" at Berkely. Jump to your own conclusions or listen to her however you want.

mysterymet and Yard Dart like this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Did you even listen to the article?

19. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Intentional extermination? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. I'll pass on watching that vid, thanx, even if you provide a link. If you can find some other sources other than that, I'll re-think it all.

20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. ColtCarbine
  3. duane
  4. Ganado
  5. Sojourn
  6. DKR
  7. deMolay
  8. Ganado
  9. GOG