ammo gone everywhere

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Chizel21, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You know those Hitler video remakes aren't funny if you're fluent in German. Just saying...

VisuTrac likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well...I'm not fluent in German..These are made as a ...joke

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yeah, I just read the subtitles, cause I'm listening to Rammstein anyway.

CATO likes this.
  4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Just got back from Squallmart, swung by the ammo aisle just to get a look. The sign says customers can only get three boxes a day. Available ammo: 2, 270 WIN and 3, 30-06 (Winchester); 1, 270 WIN (Remington); 3, 7mm REM, Magnum (Federal); a stray box that you can't see that was .22LR rat shot (not sure what you call the ones that are like little shotgun shells). Bottom shelves ALL shotgun, mostly 20 gauge birdshot.

ammocabinet.

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"(not sure what you call the ones that are like little shotgun shells)" snakeloads. birdshot. They work quite well on snakes.

ditch witch likes this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Called ratshot when I was a kid. And yeah they had invented gun powder by then.

ditch witch likes this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I have 160-bb's/ shot 22lr that I call bird-shot and 30-bb's/ shot also in 22lr that i call rat-shot

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm getting report's of ''limit's'' of ammo sale's locally..Like 3 box limit or some such at Academy..

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

same here, has been since Sandy Hook.

10. VisuTrac

Just got back from my weekly 'Check of the state of ammo'.

erm, worse than last week.
    Store 1. Decent 20Ga selection, 12ga #6shot and under, .17hmr. No pistol cals. Seriously, that's it. Nothing Else. They said they don't know when they are going to get their next shipment. Corp won't tell them.

Store 2. Few boxes of 20,16,.410, .22shorts and 2 boxes of .308 (granted they are 35.00 for rem. green box) but they are in stock. (they don't carry pistol ammo)

Store 3. Decent 20, must have just gotten a shipment of 12ga Slugs and Buck because there were over 500rds on the shelf. .270 (10x),.243 (10x), .30-06 (maybe 8? boxes). No 30-30, no pistol, no .22lrs all out.

Store 4. I found me a brand new gun shop (they opened in June but didn't know they existed) OMG. I heard angels and trumpets and shit when i walked in the door. Guns, Ammo, Reloading Supplies!

Ok when i got to the ammo section, the angels stopped singing as there was no .223,.308,.30-06,.22lr,9mm,.40sw nor .45 acp. but they had just about every other caliber like 44-40, 32-20, 32acp, 25acp, .380, .357/.38 30-40krag,.220swift, .22hornet,25-06 .. Ok, Just nothing Nato. Combloc was covered.

As for guns, No ARs, no 9mm pistols except Sky, Diamondback and keltec.

AR30 on display, Barrett in 338, FNAR's (bunches), tacticool .22lr carbines (ar22, g22, looked like a ppsh in 22, and MP5 looking thing in .22lr) Lots and lots of Badazz revolvers (454,357,44mag) plenty of .22,40 and 45 SA pistols.

Talked to the owner. Their 500pc order from ruger is on it's way but unfortunately, no AR style.

Decent amount of milsurp bolt guns, plenty of shotguns and optic topped hunting rifles.

so basically, if you have a safe queen and are short on other areas in your preps, erm, If you can see your self parting ways with a NATO chambered rifle (.308,.223 class) You are going to be looking at a pretty good return on your investment. I'd not sell the ammo in the transaction, but hang on to it as ballistic wampum or when you pick back up the rifle later when the prices come down for clubs (weapons w/o avail ammo)

11. VisuTrac

Yep, most places here in my AO are limiting to 2-3 boxes per customer. Includes .22lr.
    doesn't matter, if you aren't there when it comes in, or within a couple of hours, it's gone.

I'm checking out another new gun shop during my lunch next week. I know they are going to be way outta line (they were 25 years ago, same owner, betting he hasn't changed) but what the heck. gotta check.

12. VisuTrac

ditto for my wallyworld except, no rifle rounds at all.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I gave the boy about 2-k in ammo last night..But i made him work for it..Had him dig it out for me...lol

STANGF150 and VisuTrac like this.
  14. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Managed to find 400 rounds of shotgun and 500 rounds of 45 acp today. The shotgun was only 5.50 a box.

15. ditch witch

There's a guy on Craigslist asking $95 for 100 rounds of .223.

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Let him pass..Academy i hear is running about 45/50 cent's per round..Brass and reloadable.

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You need to ask this GUY, if the Federal TAX has been collected on that AMMO, before you plunk down your cash, as well as if it is NEW, or ReLoaded, and WHO manufactured it. Lots of guys would like to sell their ReLOADS, but unless they are a Class 1 FFL, they are breaking Federal Law, and the penalties are Substantial.... and does he have Liability Insurance in case you blow up your gun, using HIS ammo.... ......

18. ditch witch

I'm not looking to buy, I don't have anything to load it in anyway. I just had to double take when I saw the ad. I keep an eye on Craigslist partly in hope, but mostly in shock at what people want for stuff.

19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, I was in that Biz for a long time, and I would come across Dudes trying to "Make a Buck" selling their ReLoads, and Loads.... They usually lasted, One Gun Show, as the Real Guys in the Biz, would point them out, to the ATF Guy attending the show. I never had that issue as my Market was not for Public Consumption, and I had a small but dedicated cliental, and I didn't advertise, but depended on my Customers, to outshoot the Competition, and then pass on, just who was making their Custom Ammunition. I only sold .308 and 9MM and these were Custom Loadings for each SPECIFIC Weapon, that the customer had. Closed up the shop, and Left my Customer Base behind, when I moved to Alaska. .....

20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I went to Bass Pro today and I was shocked.

There were only 5 pistols in their normally full 3 pistol cases. They were all Taurus and Remington 1911 knockoffs save one Beretta 96.

I asked a clerk if they were getting out of the gun business and not replenishing their stock and they said every time they put a gun in the case, someone buys it immediately--even the cowboy guns. ...must be a testament to people's thoughts on the 1911. My guess is, they're not worried about the 1911 since it would survive any ban.

I went in there to get some reloading stuff and there was slim pickens. Also, you can only buy two #s of powder at a time and not one primer in the whole store.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7