ammo gone everywhere

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Chizel21, Jan 26, 2013.

1. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Thankfully We are ahead of the curve here.

2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Yesterday I found one lonely box of of Winchester .308 180 gr for $18.97 at Wal-Mart so I scarfed it up. Then I noticed what had to be a whole case of Tulammo .223 for $5.27. so I nabbed two boxes of .223. [coo]

Stoopid three box a day limit. maddd

Went home, changed shirt, grabbed hat (disguise !) and hustled back, All gone in 20 minutes. hissyfit

At least ammo is trickeling back in once a week now.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Had a "email me" messagefrom Midway USA yesterday. I quickly ordered items on my list and they are on the way from MIDWAY.

4. BLKFJDC

BLKFJDC Monkey

5. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

ammoman .com has 223 in bulk ...

If you dont mind paying for it ...
    I have some i would be willing to trade for and AR or something of that nature...

6. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I'm looking for ammo to feed my plinking habit...it keeps me mellow.

At .77 a round Wolf being the best price there, I might as well use 24 year old single malt for mellow...

[booze]

(and/or some of the local produce)
    [mex]

Moatengator likes this.
  7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

May have messed up but actually sold a bunch of ammo Sat. at a flea market. Just loaded the trunk and took off. Sold over a K's worth and still cannot tell I made a dent in the shelves. LOL, stopped by my reloading bud's store and picked up @ $300 worth of components. Got his last two boxes of 50 gn 22 boolits, last two of 115 gn 9s, last 90-380s, some lubes, few parts, and a bit more powder/primers. Had to get magnums but they work fine too. He gets a new shipment in Monday and has promised to set me two more K under the counter. This reloading/casting is becoming a bad habit---LOL.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Thanks Gator, am always missing those sales. Nice prices.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. PlumbNutz

PlumbNutz Pissed off citizen

If it was not for those scalpers hanging out waiting the shipments to hit the floor, it might last more than 20 minutes.

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Laws, rumors have ammo flying off store shelves - Yahoo! News

12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Still no handgun ammo in stock (in ANY caliber), no .22 -long, long rifle, short, WMR - none. No .223, and the only 5 boxes of .308 were at the front customer service desk. Extremely limited stock on 30-06, .270, .243 and only slightly better with 7mm and 45-70.

Handgun display case was about 2/3 full, Sig, Springfield, a few Hertiage Arms. Rifle selection also quite meager.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You should come to Laffy Town, I take it that you don't reload ?

14. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

Reloading supplies are gone as well . Was going to get into reloading at the first of the year with my tax return. Cant even buy a press atm ...did find some .223 dies though.

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We have it here, I picked up IMR 4895 Thursday, 1k of L.Rifle primer's, Plenty .30 projectile's to choose from.

16. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

.22 shorts $8.95, .30 carbine $39.99 per box, 500 rnds for $695.00, .223 $1.10 per rnd, best prices are on old copper washed 762x54r... data from the gun show this weekend... AR's still 1500.00+as are mini 30's , SKS 495.000... everything is still high...

17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

No, but my children may need to learn ;)

18. dystopia

dystopia Monkey+

The other morning i was in town and thought i'd check out cabelas for ammo. They were'nt open yet but their was about 40 people at the door waiting. I thought people would fanout once the door was open for other depts. , nope, everyone headed straight for the ammo aisles. They're were 3 employees keeping everybody in line and making sure nobody cut. I asked the cashier what all the security was about and she told me they had some problems with arguments breaking out and a women was shoved to the floor in one incident [ someone reached between her legs for a box of 22.s and well you figure it out] If people act this way now i can't wait for the shtf.

19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

SCORE!... 500 rnds of .45 for $217.00 and 250 of .380 for $90.00 Wally world ... don't ask, cause I won't tell...;)

20. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy Monkey

I have had no problem finding 00 to 4 buckshot or slugs. Yesterday I had $18.00 for a box of Rio 00 buck for 25. I have about 600 rounds of 9mm pit away which is enough IMO for a handgun.

That brings me to my point. The popular phrase a gun without ammo is a club. I though long and hard and sold my AR and its 600 rounds of ammo with 6 mags off.
    My shotgun is the Mossberg 590a1 and a tank holding 8+1 so I am ok with that for now. I don't see anything happening until next summer

My logic was balance. Sell high and buy low. My firearms i view as tools. no more or less important than a axe or a fire source. The ARs are coming back for not much more than prior 5.56 is very hard to find as well as most popular handgun. Forget about .22. I will add some additional items with the profit adding items I see increasing greatly in the near future. These will be barter items mostly

In the fall I see ammo slowly coming back and in the fall will add back an AK ( the ammo seems far easier to find in my area) or another AR.

My point is really a suggestion. Look at everything you have as having a price if it can be replaced at some point. Don't go overboard in one area on your needs list. Don't be afraid to use the economy and your stores to your advantage in getting your big picture done via selling off or bartering.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7