Ammo shortage part 2!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Stopped by the local sporting goods store and they had a bit of bulk .22 plenty of shotgun ammo and some 20 round box's available. No 5.56.. Reloading supplies was fairly well stocked however folks was walking through and looking. So looks as tho I will be doing a bit of bench time! After I get some new dies.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Many new gun owners, still about the same number of people reloading.

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I haven't been to the range in years, all my practice is with air guns, more fun and cheaper

HK_User, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well we had a couple but I mailed em off to a brother and just never replaced one I may track down a boomer if a can will fit?

HK_User, Oddcaliber and Tully Mars like this.
  5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Working for a tire shop I have no problem getting projectile material. We were told to recycle but were not told how to! LOL

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think I have lead reshaping molds like 150,165,180 gr weights,I'm sure what you have will fit,Just that I have no dirty 30 to ''test''
    Things need testing ya know!

HK_User, Oddcaliber and Tully Mars like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can go to the scrap yard and buy hundreds of pounds of tire weights and maybe 20 to 50 pounds of soft pure plumbing lead on any given day.

HK_User, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I work at Rural King, and both guns and ammo are in short supply! Hope you have some of both cause it may stay like this till the election... and beyond! If you see something...BUY IT!!...cause it will be gone tomorrow!

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I get mine for free!

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I hate him.

11. Tully Mars

I hope so Bruce, I really do. But when you start having to defend statues that have stood for 100 years in the middle of nowhere Alabama I worry. We had to go out twice in two weeks to defend a statue in our nearest little town. Bused in heathens trying to get $#!t stirred up. Didn't go nowhere really. Especially this last weekend. The cops were kind enough to point out just who the NIC was and where he was from. They evidently had to get a cat out of a tree or some other pressing matter shortly after. WE put an end to all that nonsense in short order. Kinda handy having your local LEO as a coffee drinking pal..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  12. Tully Mars

+P loads are hotter therefore not really ment to be subsonic. Sometimes they can be if the barrel of the weapon is short enough that the round will not develop full power like it normally would in a longer barrel. Kind of a waste if you ask me. I load my own 147's and crono them so I know exactly what they will do. It's best to load a bit under the speed of sound to allow for possible changes in Altitude, Temps and air density when the rounds are used. The load I use is good for my pistols as well as the subguns.

Oddcaliber, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  13. Tully Mars

You are lucky.
    Around here lead wheel weights have all but dried up. I'm down to bumming through the wrecking yards and one truck shop that holds them for me. I have found a few decent deals for them on Ebay.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Go mine the berms at the pistol range,Stuff is laying around like gravel.

Oddcaliber and Tully Mars like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Whom has played with one?

Oddcaliber and Tully Mars like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Kind of trick. Find a beater you can pick up cheap out of some 'ol guy's gater boat and I can doll it up for ya-or you could do it yourself. Wouldn't be hard and I will talk you through it if ya want.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. OldDude49
  4. oil pan 4
  5. deMolay
  6. Grandpa Patch
  7. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft