ammo sit gettin better?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Mar 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

People who aren't reloaders who bought up a bunch of reloading shit are starting to off load it.
    I bought a 1,000 Hornady M193 bullets from a guy for 10 cents each. When he bought them I bet he paid 25 cents plus tax plus shipping. He didn't have a press, dies, primers or powder.... I was kind of moving away from M193, would rather they have been M855.
    After the last price drop at retail they are still about 12 cents each, but still have to pay shipping and tax.
    I have also been seeing more posts on reloading forums people selling off their aborted reloading operation or reloaders selling something they bought that they didn't really want to use like bullets, sub par brass, powder that was their 3rd or 4th choice, ect.

2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I’d be willing to bet that since Trump was indicted, things will get scarce again. The AH’s that want to wreck this country seem to be bound and determined to do so.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Over on powder valley they have genix small rifle primers for $79 brick.
    Cheapest I have seen any small rifle primer since the start of the plandemic.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I work at Rural King, and we sell guns and ammo, in addition to other things. Recently, we got in small quantities of .410 Buckshot and .30-cal. carbine ammo. To me this means that the shortages are all but over, the only calibers missing are .303 British and 8mm.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

8mm and 25cal stuff seems to be just about the lowest priority for ammo makers and reloading suppliers.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

410 is a rare animal anywhere around here.
    Personally I would invest into mag-tech brass and reload those baby's 100 times before I buy another box of 410 beings all I use 410 for is a tractor boomer for things I don't want around.

1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. deMolay
  6. Grandpa Patch
  7. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  8. Bishop