ammo sit gettin better?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Mar 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Saw Remington 38spcl maybe 25 boxes for 25 bucks each limit 2 per family per day over the weekend.

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Rural King got a lot of ammo in today; 9mm, .380, .270, .308/ 7.62x51, 7.62x54, .223/5.56, 12 ga, and .22 LR. I noticed that the prices had gone up, but hasn't everything except my pay check.

Oddcaliber, johnbb and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Was at the local Walmart checked ammo zip- none- nada

4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

100% agree, can confirm. Yet somehow, I keep finding it in my magazines. Remington Golden bullets seem to work really well in the Walther P-22 and Ruger 10/22.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  5. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I just found 300 BO subsonic last week. Haven't seen that in awhile. But gold is cheaper.

gunbunny, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Mail order primers out of stock. Prices listed at $75.00/K.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Odd ball medium fast rifle Powders are starting to stay in stock for a day.
    Stuff that's a newer shot gun powder with no pistol load data available, or is too slow to be used for typical hand gun load, but too fast for popular high velocity hunting rifle and military calibers.
    For a long time only 50bmg and 300rum powders would stay in stock.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

PSA is starting to have bulk availability. Prices better, but not like pre panic.

From what I've read, ammo manufacturers have a two year backlog due to panic buying and a tremendous increase of new firearms owners. Should the Democrats do poorly in 2022 (very likely) and especially if Biden does a Jimmy Carter in 2024 (likely) the situation will get better.

One thing I noticed during the last panic was that 7mm Rem Mag and 40 S&W always seemed to be in stock. The stores out here have stopped putting ammo on shelves since it goes out the door so fast and have re-merchandised those areas, so it's hard to say.

I'm glad I panicked just after Trump was elected and prices were good.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I’ve been slow and steady panic buying for years. Of course I sold all my guns in private sales to ccw holders so now I am not sure what to do with the ammo. Maybe craigslist...

SB21, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you have some .44 Special, I am interested....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I sold all my 44spl factory ammo after the plandemic kicked off for about $3 a shot and some of them were partial boxes.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I actually did about 6 months ago. I was organizing my basement and found 500 or so rounds for a firearm I don’t have anymore. I ended up giving it to one of the guys from work that my husband hunts with.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That's a rare animal around here.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  14. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Scored 2 boxes of Remington 00 buckshot at Academy. They had plenty of rifle ammo in 5.56,308. Some shotgun shells in 12,20,and 28 gauge. Supply is starting to come back because the material suppliers are back up and running.

Gator 45/70, mysterymet and 3M-TA3 like this.
  15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

back to 7.62x54r and .22LR. the only things on the display. Even the expensive turkey loads for 12ga are gone.
    that .38spcl case they put out lasted didn't even make it through the weekend.

16. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

keep an eye on the retailers that put the foreign import stuff on the shelf >> the exporters to the US like from S Korea, South Africa and the Euros are all coming back online and their civilian local market will be even worse than normal >>> only negative will be from Biden - good chance there'll be some limit embargo imposed ....

17. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Looked for primers last night. If you’re shooting a .50 BMG you’re in luck, other than that, no go

Oddcaliber, Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Maybe we should all run out and get a .50 BMG!

VisuTrac, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I gave that some thought but just the Dillon machine with most of what you need is $3500, then there is the powder (if you can find it), primers, cases, bullets and then the gun for a whole lot more. No, I can buy a lot of ammo at today's prices for $15K. Yes you can get a .50 for a lot less than 10-12 grand but I'd prefer something other than a cheap single shot that may or may not be accurate.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

So at my local wally world they had remmington bucket of bullets .22LR 1400 round for $64. Best price I have noticed in a while. There were 4 when I went in and only 2 left by the time I left. ;)

1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. deMolay
  6. Grandpa Patch
  7. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  8. Bishop