ammo sit gettin better?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Mar 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

Ammo here in SW Missouri has been a little more plentiful, last I checked. I was picking up brass case .223 for 75 cents per round a couple of months ago. Small rifle primers have been staying in stock a little longer. 9x19-fairly steady supply, same for 45 ACP. 7.62x39 was running about $8-9 per box for steel case.

I am planning on stopping by the local gun shop on my days off, and I will post back here if anyone is interested.

DW

2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

At work we have been getting in more and more ammo, and it isn't flying off the shelves. Most people have calmed down and that is reducing the panic buying, plus the 2 box limit on purchases has helped a lot too! Prices are up a little but everything is up!

STANGF150, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Was in a local academy buying shirts,Also noted more ammo than I've seen in months

Oddcaliber likes this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

PSA has white box xm-193 on sale for 75 cents per round, so we are at least down to the peak prices of the last panic. So glad I bought long right after Trump won and there was a glut.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm digging my enhanced ammunition I manufacture.
    Factory ammo is kind of boring.

Brokor, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Went to the local Gun Store in Ceder Park, Texas, this morning to have oldest daughter buy some .44Special Ammo for here 8” S&W model 29 revolver… She just picked it up from where she had stored it in Alaska, for the last 25 years… Figured she did not need to start out with Full House Magnum Loads… Was totally shocked to find reasonably FULL Shelves of Ammunition with only moderately high Prices… Had to get the Counter Guy to help find the .44 Special on the shelf, but they actually had three boxes of 20 rds for $22.00 each… They had a good selection of other calibers, and SIL bought a couple of boxes of 10mm for his soon to be purchased Glock… They had a one Box maximum limit, but there were 5 of us in the store, so that wasn’t an issue… The Owner was explaining to one of the buyers, that once the Texas Governor Signed the Constitutional Carry Bill on his desk, As of Sept. 1st, Texas would be the latest Constitutional Carry state… SIL just notified us he is returning to the Gun Shop to buy his 10mm Glock… FIL approves…

7. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Local sporting goods store had some 9mm, .45, .380 auto and .32 auto.

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Still can't find 38/357 anywhere! 9mm is getting better at being available though.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I found 2 boxes of 9mm in my trunk

10. oldman1111

oldman1111 Monkey

my wal mart has all kinds of.22 lr but no centerfire of anyy caliber.Also so 12 ga buckthats all.
    [flag]

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Passed thru a local to some Academy on La.Ave
    Had 5.56,22's,308 7.62x39's stuff like that 4 box limit. I passed on all of it.

Oddcaliber and VisuTrac like this.
  12. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

All we can get is 2 here!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had some 9mm, Good for a 1K yards with explosive tips, Probably nuclear tipped stuff ?

Oddcaliber likes this.
  14. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Just came across 4 cases and six ammo cans that had been set aside...because we had run out of room...and a 20mm can of shotgun rounds. Oops ;)
    Not buying more for a while...and...

Sorry, not for sale.

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I am persistently reminded "why" I decided to start reloading years ago.

toydoc, gunbunny, Oddcaliber and 4 others like this.
  16. oldman1111

oldman1111 Monkey

i bought a lott whenit was cheap,have more than i will need in this lifetime
    [flag]

17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I haven't bought Any in years, Air guns fill the gap for now.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'd be reloading if i could find SPP ;)

techsar, Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The ammo inventory at work is really good (for now) we got in two shipments of various ammo this week, and because of the price increase it has been selling slowly. I guess folks are waiting for the prices to return to "normal". We have 12 ga. Buck, .308, 9mm, .357 Mag., .223/5.56, 7.63x39, 300 BO, 6.5 Creedmore, 7mm-08 and .380.

STANGF150, Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well I'm starting to regularly see rifle ammo for about 1/2 of what I sold my ammo for at the height of the plandemic.
    I could buy all the brass case boxer primed M193 I could ever want for 55 cents a round, including tax, cash, out the door, which still sucks. I sold my 2009 federal M193 boxes of 100 for well over $100, think they sold for $120 to $150, not including shipping.
    It will be back down to around 40 cents or show per shot before we know it.
    Hell the steel case m193 shit is already in the 45 cent range. I didn't sell much steel case but I got about a $1 a shot for it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. deMolay
  6. Grandpa Patch
  7. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft