ammo sit gettin better?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Mar 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

5.11 Tactical is selling PMC ammo. 9mm,40 and 45acp is in stock and in store.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have reloaded a lot of PMC pistol brass. Is good.

STANGF150, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

I hit the gun store yesterday morning. Ammo shelves are full, and the prices are coming down. Brass case 5.56 is $12, cant remember the manufacturer.
    Gun racks are at 75-80% capacity.

DW

4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

At Rural King there are plenty of both guns and ammo, but the prices for both tend to be higher that I'm use to. We have some ammo that will be on the shelves for awhile due to the high cost, and most folks are waiting for the prices to magically come down...which they might if people aren't buying. However, sometimes we get some ammo in that is priced to sell, and we seem to be getting more of it. A lot of retailers might have to reduce prices and take a loss on some of their high priced inventory.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Got some good (not premium) winchester 22lr ammo for 6.1 cents, with tax out the door.
    Not that long ago I was selling 20 year old shit (thunderjam, leaves you gun full of thundercrud) and cleared nearly 10 cents a shot.
    Still a bad idea to sell all that old ammo?
    I will have the 22lr replaced by the end of the year or start of next year with twice as much if I buy good winchester or about 20% to 30% more then I started with if I buy premium cci ammo.
    It will probably be some combination of the 2, I prefer the premium.
    As Charles Bronson said "only the best for our friends"

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Smokeless powders are coming back in stock. The expensive VV powders and the lesser known shooters world seem to be in stock in a few places.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Seeing more availability, especially on popular cartridges. Waiting for supply and demand to lower prices before making any purchases.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I have been seeing more hunting ammo, of late. Still, most ammo is FMJ in common military and police calibers, and we have lots of Russian military ammo.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I had C&R license back when surplus military rifles and ammo was cheap and plentiful (won't say how much of eachI got ). Used to go to the range and pick up used brass and reloaded a lot in each caliber rifle I have. Have it stored in vacuum packs and in ammo cans should last for years. Don't need no expensive ammo.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Here we are 6 months later, pretty much everything is available but the price sucks.

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

At the height of the primer shortage there were 300 to 500 pages of primers on gunbroker with people paying $300 to $500 per brick, prices have stabilized to about $150 or so.
    Now there's like 5,000 to 6,000 pages, so there's plenty of primers people are just gouging for them. I say if you can buy primers at $100 a brick or more good for you maybe that will inspire the gunindustry to expand primer manufacturing lines next time.
    I can wait at least 6 months and up to 2 years if I have to for the price to come back down.

Oddcaliber, Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Ammo (and guns for that matter) should be good right now - in A-Stan

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Whats the hold up on primers and powder?

It's not like we are fighting any wars? Or are we ?

Oddcaliber likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

There's some powder availability.
    Plety of 50bmg appropriate powders, some VV powders and a few fast burning pistol powders.

15. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Throw this in the mix, our commander in theif is going to ban the importation of Russian made ammo. Just more backdoor gun control or is the ammo going to A'stan? Like Paul Harrell says, you be the judge.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Meh, more primers and less steel to pick up.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Naw, BiDumb says he is punishing the Russkies cause they is “Not nice People” so’es he is not allowing them to sell their Crappy Steel Cased Ammo over here, for 12 months, or they all of a sudden “Become Nice People, again”… or something like that…

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  18. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Good luck finding primers and many powders, bullets seem to be available for the most part.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

well i'm going to say it better depending on what you are wanting to shoot.
    Over the standard driving around and visiting friends last week. I hit a couple of LGS and big box stores.
    .22LR one store (big box) had well over 200k rounds of federal american eagle sitting on the shelf with a 4 box limit
    they also had loads of .223, 7.62x51, and probably 5k of 9mm and about the same of 38spcl. with a 2 box limit
    I didn't pay attention to the prices because i didn't need these calibers.

Another store (tiny hole in the wall outdoor supply just off the reservation)
    had 22lr (federal value pack) ... cases of it. no limit.
    .223 and 7.62x39, x51 and x54r, .50bmg, 338 winmag, 7mm, 30-06, 30-30, 270, 243 all in couple of case quantities.
    3 sub 21 year olds (Michigan licenses are vertical for those under drinking age of 21) waiting for their 4473s to come back on their AR purchases. ;)
    they also had IMI 9mm at 26.95 per box of 50 or 539 per 1k. No limit. They had pallets of it. I grabbed a couple of boxes. it runs hot. it was a bit snappier than geico fmj that was available at the range. But at least some trigger time was had.

No .45 ACP nor SPP to be found on the adventure.

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I got a brick of cci small pistol primers in Lubbock today.
    Paid about $85 out the door. Or equal to 1 box of fidy 44spl, 38spl or 357mag or a hundred 9mill ball ammo I sold during the summer of firey but mostly peaceful riots. Yeah I got screwed, but figured if I didn't feel the burn at least once then I might not learn my lesson. I haven't looked in a few months since I ran out of small rifles but I got at least two hundred 357mags and I don't know, at least 4,000+ 9mil brass that are prepped, sized ready to roll.
    Still have a stupid hoard of large rifle.

1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. deMolay
  6. Grandpa Patch
  7. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  8. Bishop