Ammoman.com be very careful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Not my story

This is a simple purchase gone very bad.
    Please take a moment and read this whole deal.

A couple weeks ago I bought some .223 ammunition online.
    That is how simple it started. It was 1000 rounds of .223
    military surplus for $250. The price was right so I jumped on it.

Well the next day I was looking at my bank statement and I was
    charged twice $500.00. So I contacted him and he said he would address this issue.
    He never did. Then about a week later a package was left on my porch.

UPS left a package on the porch without a signature.
    It just so happens it's 500 rounds of 45 A.C.P. So I call UPS
    and they say Eric did not say to have it signed for on delivery.
    So UPS is just doing there job.

When I spoke to Eric he said I got what I ordered. I sent every single
    thing I could to prove him wrong. Now he is mad and will not pay for me to send him back the .45 ammo. And he will not credit my bank account. So he puts in a claim in to UPS. and said he was going to file a claim with the police. That I was scamming him. That's a long story short. He also is blocking my emails and phone calls.
    So I can't contact him.

He is in New Jersey. If I send him the package back
    and he doesn't credit my account. Then he has my $500.00 and I don't have squat.
    I can't help but wonder if he did not know what they sent me.
    It could be possible he sent my package to anywhere land.

I was pretty sure you had to sign for Ammo. just to prove you got it and you are of age. Had he asked for a signature
    the pistol ammunition was NOT what I ordered. And just would have not accepted the package and sent it back.

As of 10/28/2006 VISA has managed to get my money back
    I had to prove every single thing. From his P.O. all the way to me sending him back the 45 ammunition tracking order.

He claimed to file a police report on this matter. I just wanted you to know my side. I think Eric at ammoman.com should be audited for not having the correct paper work. from what a person buys
    online. What kind of ammunition that person was
    shipped. If it was received and the order was correct. And if the person was of age.

Well after 3 weeks of dealing with this crap I got things straight.
    As suggested I went to my bank, UPS ,New Jersey police and the
    BBB.

It was a time consuming providing all the documents I kept from the purchase.
    Through the very end of this mess. After proving to all the people and places that I in fact ordered 1000 rounds of .223 .
    And I never ordered 2000 rounds. Then I had to prove I never ordered 500 rounds of .45 ACP.

I even used the very same documents he sent me confirming the order.
    Bank statements, UPS tracking codes and ALL the emails of ammoman
    and myself going back and forth. Including the email block he put me on.

Then I sent him back the .45 ACP I never ordered.
    I needed that tracking number from UPS. My credit union got back the second charge
    and credited my account. I can't tell you how much stuff I had to go through
    to get things straight.

In my opinion- people order ammunition off his website Ammoman.com
    Then he charges them 2 times. Then he sends whatever he wants to the customer.
    After he gets his money. The customer calls and complains about the double charges.
    He claims he will fix it, he don't. Then the customer calls and complains.
    Not only did Eric send the wrong ammunition it was only 500 rounds.
    Then he threatens them with police reports, and UPS reports.
    At that point UPS is at fault or I'm running a scam "In Eric's mind".
    Next he accuses me of a scam.

For this scam to work.
    I would have to order 1 box of 1000 rounds of .223 rifle rounds. Hoping to get charged twice? Hoping that I get something I did not order or want.
    To top it off it was only 500 rounds of Wolf.45 A.C.P pistol ammunition. For a dollar a round! Why would I run a scam
    so Eric at ammoman would get my $500.00, and I would end up with
    $100.00 worth of ammunition?

I can't believe this is not US mail fraud. Or legal for that matter.
    Some 10 year old kid could have the 1000 rounds I ordered as far as I know.
    No signature was required by Eric when the package was delivered.

Below are emails of what Eric sent me.
    And the UPS tracking investigation he reported.

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:22 AM
    Subject: POLICE REPORT FOR AMMOMAN.COM

Would you like us to file a claim for the ammunition that you claim you did not receive?
    We can start the process right away.(SEE BELOW)
    Ammoman.com
    Hotmail acct?
    Restricted phone number?
    Didn't get a thing until we called the police and now you claim it was a case of 45, you received instead?
    We are starting to wonder about this scam.

Please comply with the police report and read the return policy very close.
    You got what you ordered, but we will still accept the return.
    Glad you stopped the scam about not even getting it.
    That will aid in the claim and police report.

You got what you ordered.
    Stop the scam.
    We saved all the e-mails, even 6 days after you got it and claimed you got nothing.
    We deal with guys like you from time to time.It's left on the porch and they think since they didn't sign for it, they can claim they didn't get it
    That is until the police got involved.
    It time you learned a lesson about scamming.

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 4:46 AM
    Subject: Re: returning Ammo I did NOT order

Take a picture and show us what you got with the label from us on it.
    We don't believe you after 6 days of saying you never got anything.
    Now tell us how you can't take a picture.
    Your scams are anticipated.We are one step ahead of you Who can believe you now???????????????

Original link is dead- was posted at: CMP Forums

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Ammoman scamed some poor guy earlier this year by miss representing a rifle as a "bring back" but, turned out to have an import mark on it. A very lengthy discussion (about 300 posts) on ar15.com about his misdealings. He was actually kicked off that website.

Beware, this guy is someone not to do business with!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  3. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

He's had numerous complaints around alot of boards about his business practices. Buyer Beware were never more true.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Let's just say that if I had intended to buy ammo online, he wouldn't see a dime of my money. Just looked through a bunch of the pictures of the ammo and many flaws and red flags stuck out to me. Wouldn't want to take the gamble on getting bad product or getting ripped off, possibly both.

5. yonder

yonder No Despot's Servant

He has a long history of screwing his customers, not making good on a bad deal, and then badmouthing people publicly online. I will never send another penny to Ammoman. The AR15.com thing with the "Bring-back SKS" was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

6. circle456

circle456 Monkey++

This is an older thread but for me a comment is necessary.

I have been ordering from Eric at Ammoman for many years. I can say that I have had no problems at all regarding (about) 15 purchases of .223, .308, 9mm, 357 SIG and .45 ACP.

The prices are often a little higher than you can find elsewhere but then shipping is included.

Especially I am puzzled by comments that Eric is personally shady. In any question or (my) situations presented, Eric has always responded in a reasonable manner and within a reasonable time.

That's how it looks from here. Scott, Northern Nevada

7. Quigley_Sharps

Interesting, you joined yesterday and your first post is to this thread.

m 99 likes this.
  8. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Internet scammers will not scam every person who buys from them, and even though I am not a registered member of AR15.com, I will take the word of thoses who have been scammed.

I also agree with Quigly in saying that I am also a bit suspisious in this being your first posting, and you will not be able to convince me otherwise about the above company/individual.

9. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I just visited the Ammoman website and it seems strange that he is not sold out of any of his ammunition/magazines. Something is not right, also he does not have paypal, which is another warning flag. Steer clear of this company. Buyer beware.

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got a package from them a couple of weeks ago that contained several boxes of assorted .38 special, .357 magnum, and 9mm, the problem was that I didn't order anything from him. There was an order slip from some guy with the same first name in Trenton, Tennessee; I got the ammo he ordered. I called Ammoman and they sent me a packing slip to send it back to them but I haven't gotten around to it yet and probably won't for a few days. I think I'll call the man that ordered the ammo to see if he got it and if not, then send it directly to him rather than sending it back to Ammoman.

dragonfly and ColtCarbine like this.
  11. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Good idea!
    I had a shipment left by the UPS driver on my PATIO.....
    One problem....
    I don't have a patio!
    It was never signed for....no request for $650.00 in tools and NO signature?
    Yeah, well,... a guy acroos the street, same address but on another ave., got my order.
    I got billed.
    I never did get my merchandise, and I had to fght with UPS and the shipper to get it settled....took me 2 years to get my money back!
    The guy sold my tooling at his yard sale, a week later!
    Justice!

12. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I had a UPS guy sign for the shipment "Dick Head" ...Turns out this was a shipment of something important that we couldn't find. The boss was not happy.

13. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have ordered twice from Ammoman, and both orders were received, correct, within 1 week.

RouteClearence, so he does not have paypal, why is that a "red flag"? Paypal is owned by eBay and is known to be very anti-gun. Even marking something as "ammo" can get your account suspended or closed. I do whatever I can to avoid using PP.

Magnus, at a company where I used to work, we had an employee that buddy-buddy with the UPS driver. They got to the point where the employee would sign "Micky Mantle", "Mickey Mouse", "The King", etc. Well, that was fine, until something was signed for that we never received. During the investigation on our side and UPS's side it came to light the way our employee was signing and the way the driver was allowing it to happen. We fired our guy and UPS terminated their driver on the spot.

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I've only done business with Eric in person at Bulletfest - never had a problem.

Internet is a double edged sword. I've had good and bad luck with vendors but man, any bad transactions can go viral quick.

15. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Any info on ammuntiontogo.com ?
    Prices are good and they have a lot in stock.

16. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I've used them several times. Never one problem. The only minor detail is they do take a while to get stuff to you; longer than usual, but it does come.

17. bobnailer

bobnailer Monkey+

Quigley, I've had several dealings with Eric at Ammoman.com and have had no problems, he's fast, reliable, trustworthy.

18. Quigley_Sharps

welcome bob

Falcon15 and Clyde like this.
  19. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Geez man do people really think we are THAT stupid?

20. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

i go through ammo to go and will not deal with a couple of website because of the way they will treat the customers ..

one is MRE Depot and the other is the ammoman ..both have had some problems with there products and on one forum it was bought up that the guy from the MRE was not really doing well with his socalled suvival products as he claimed to be as he was putting out whole case lots of dented cans to the people who bought the product

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7