Ammoman.com be very careful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walthmpk

walthmpk Monkey+

ammoman.com

I've ordered about six cases(223,308,40sw)and had no problems.

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Third try???

dragonfly, Falcon15 and VisuTrac like this.
  3. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Does anyone else smell a troll in the room??
    Matt

4. krieger

krieger Monkey+

These types of " I was cheated " stories are always the same. They build an elaborate construct of details around the premise to support their claim. Read US Army manual IT0606 on Interrogation Tactics and you will know why the story is not true.

5. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I had no problems with my order. When you do something well, the average person tells two people. When you have a problem, they tell 8.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  6. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I just thought it seemed fishy that most of the members that say they have had no problems,are probationary members with one post.A FLAMMING TROLL PUSHING A WHEELBARROW CAME TO MIND.
    Matt

Sapper John likes this.
  7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I ordered nothing and had no problems.

Espada, CraftyMofo, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Can anyone say "sock-puppets"...just sayin'

Mountainman likes this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's probably a subscribed thread

that activates sleeper proby zombies to say...yep...no probs Bob.......but maybe it's just the cynic in me... : O

10. enough

enough Monkey++

Just stumbled across this old thread. Interesting events.

I've ordered several times from ammo man and I've never had a problem with a single order. It looks like most of the "no problem" comments were from new registrations. While I'm not a "super user", I have been poking around here for a while.

I have to admit, I'll think twice before ordering from there again. :/

11. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

This thread came up in new post.Not a recent user of ammoman but only because I use a company closer with a wider selection but the times I did use ammoman everything went right and delivery was pretty fast.Doesn't mean someone else had the same luck tho.

12. kebis024

kebis024 Monkey+

For all the flamers on here I want to tell you my experience. You can chose to believe me or not I don't really care.

I was about to order 1k rounds of 40 cal when I came across this thread. After reading the complaints I came to the conclusion that maybe something was a little fishy about the site. It got me worried but it seems like a lot of the complainers had no real facts or seemed made up. The price was right and I didn't want to pass up the deal so I cut my order to 500 rounds. Figured it was a little less risk if something went wrong. From what I have read Eric is not so great when it comes to customer support when something does go wrong. Sure enough a week later the 500 rounds are in my hand. Delivered UPS and I did have to sign for it. I am very happy with the ammo and will probably order more in the near future.

P.S. I wish I had ordered the whole thousand I would have got a better price ...

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Really glad it went well, and now you have an excuse for another thousand. We try to present balanced views here whenever possible. Sometimes, it ain't.

BTPost likes this.
  14. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Ammoman

OK, this is a forum and yes this is my first post, though I have posted on other Squirrel and Monkey BBs.

The Forum post came up by accident when I searched for Ammoman, so I looked into the "DANGER" of ordering.

I have ordered from Ammoman at least 8 times in 4 years, never a problem.

Both on line and by phone.

Ammo as advertised, but I always bought top grade, no dented/mixed stuff.

I will say that I have had more UPS problems than I would like but that goes for USPS too.

Today I ordered some "stuff".

I'll post when it arrives. Remember if purchased with a Credit Card you are protected by the conditions of the card provider.

HK

15. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

HK, Thanks for the info.

To be clear, the original post from 6 years ago was a copy and paste from another forum. There have been both good and bad reviews added to this thread over the years and it seems to get dredged back up a couple times a year.

My experiences with Eric were always in person (Knob Creek / Bulletfest maybe - don't remember where now) and have always been good which I have stated in this thread. I think the only reason I've left it open was to allow Eric to respond and I seem to remember emailing him 5-6 years ago to give him the opportunity to do so.

This was not our story nor our emails and I'm glad to hear that not all experiences were bad.

16. HK_User

"This was not our story nor our emails and I'm glad to hearthat not all experiences were bad."

Understood.

I will say that I have had one really bad experience with an on linepurchase.

In my case I figure the item was sent to another person by mistake, thatperson was dishonest and did not return the item. I waited way too long tocontact that buyer, knowing their reputation was good and their health was failing and then I was accused of all the things others havesuggested on this subject.

But in my case I presented my experience in full, complete with PayPalinformation etc and I provided my Full Name and Email address so others wouldknow I was real and I suggested others really look at my case.

In short the seller never would admit their mistake and all that informationis still out there.

So, since the original information on the Ammoman was an Anonymous Post I cannotgive it any validity, this of course due to my willingness to let the chipsfall where they may and let Public Opinion give me a clean bill of health.

HK

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I guess if you aren't protecting ammo man we can expect many more posts from you here on the Monkey outside of this thread of your only two posts, if that is the case welcome aboard.
    If the other.... another in the line...(y)

18. HK_User

Ammoman is on his own.

I figure he's done me right and I've said what I feel about the subject.

I may or may not post more.

I get pretty fed up with most upity Forums for there is always "Someones" that want to control all others and I don't have time for BS.

I'd rather be shooting, working on my gear, Jeeps or making the place more productive and keepin' the cows happy and inside the fences.

Like they say, If you can't say something nice, then just shut up.

This includes implied slights and insults.

HK

19. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Easy HK_User
    No one is trying to control you or your thoughts.
    I wasn't implying anything, just stating a fact. There is a long list of one or two posters to one thread and then they are gone.
    If you aren't one welcome aboard.

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

HK_User, I think you will find this site is very different than other Gun, and Prep'er Sites you may be familiar with.... This is a Family type site, where we consider our Monkey Friends dang near family... for Good, or Bad... The Founders set the Policy, and there is lots of Good Information and Technical Exchanges, on a wide variety of subject matter. If you just look around a bit, you will see what I mean. Here is hoping you WILL Join in the conversations.... .....

tacmotusn and Quigley_Sharps like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7