An email to and from my brother (true story)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Yoldering, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

True personal story that happened to me today...

A couple of few years ago I went to visit my brother and “see” their new house…I thought I was going to be able to relax and enjoy a nice visit…Upon arriving I was handed a paint brush and asked to start painting in the living room…I was a little shocked, but being the nice brother I am, I started painting in the living room thinking that it was the only room we were going to paint…as the weekend went on, I started to become a little angry that they kept adding more rooms. I got over it and decided to make the best of it…

FASTFORWARD 6-8 years: Names have been changed to protect the innocent…

This is an email I sent to my extended family about a visit we are going to have at my brother’s “NEW HOUSE”…

Re: This weekend...Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:49 AM

Okay, we can't wait to see everyone this weekend, but for some reason Mike is avoiding my phone calls...I just want to make sure everyone knows that if we are asked to paint anything at all we will refuse and you may find us at the pool... Love to all!

Thank you

Re: This weekend...Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:49 AM
    On Jul 7, 2011 9:46 AM, “email” Wrote:

First off, I will show everyone my call history....I have not received a single call from Matt, nor have I had any missed calls from Matt. No one is going be asked to paint anything....besides...we will not have more time to paint after we finish putting more insulation in the attic....
    See y’all this weekend!

jasonl6, Falcon15 and Sapper John like this.
  2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:lol:
    Reminds me of the "vacation" I took a while ago at Dad's out-of-state property: He didn't bother to tell me that the backhoe was showing up the day after I did... So that we could level the property, of course.

3. beast

beast backwoodsman

lol, a week or so ago we had a picnic at moms
    spent 2 days rebuilding her roof and adding vinyl siding

4. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

What goes around comes around, there was a time when I moved every year...about that same time each year my buddy would be home on leave (Marine)...needless to say he helped me move for about 4 years strait...great friend!

That's when you know you have a true friend! There when you need them! I do have to say that I did provide pizza and beer though...

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That was the standard trade on military moves. Sure did it a few times. Endless friends at every duty station.

6. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

The pleasures of PCSing

Oh the fond memories...I would always load a case of beer in the U-haul first and then load the furniture...that way they could get the beer as soon as everything was unloaded...Oh the memories...[beer]

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  7. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

That is a terrific idea...I wish I would have thought about it way back then!!!

8. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

Reminds me of a porch we built for a work buddy. The grill was hot and the beer was cold. The porch looked pretty darn good, that is until the next day after we had a chance to sober up. Yup day two, the grill was hot and the soda was cold, we salvaged what we could and started over.

9. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

When my in-laws had a dairy farm I would take vacation to visit them and spend the entire week hauling hay. When they changed from dairy to chicken houses I learned that I could say no to working the farm. I enjoyed working on the dairy. I hate commercial chicken houses.

10. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

This reminds me of my aunt. I went to visit the family for the first time in a long time. She picked me up the first day I was there, and took me to her place (I was staying with my mother). She asked me to help her move a few things. Okay, no problem, she has a bad back from a few car accidents. We ended up moving the entire contents of a storage shed to another shed.
    The second day, she wanted me to help her pull weeds around some young trees. Okay, no problem. She didn't tell me that there were 20 trees, and they were young redwoods with branches within 2" of the ground.
    The third day, I told her to forget it, and she called me ungrateful and unhelpful.
    The fourth day, I went to my sister's (she doesn't talk to my sister) and spent the rest of my trip with her and my nieces.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my aunt, but she takes advantage, doesn't give warning, and reminds me a lot of your brother.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7