An off grid militia has been forming

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by GhostX, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

Mine should be interesting reading as well lmfao

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Hell, WE, probably have FBI files! :cool:

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Personally, I have never been part of any type of militia. I have never had the honor of serving in the armed forces. However, I grew up in the south. I was brought up knowing how to hunt and fish, to know to put God first. Been on firing ranges, both public and private, and have fired some pretty intense weapons. (Heck, you can do it here in Cambodia, if you want.)

The only natural disaster I was ever directly involved in, was Hurricane David. As I recall, it was barely a 1 on the scale. For me, it was more of an adventure. No power in the city for 7 days, meant no school either. I rode with my pa to the local ice company to pick up dry ice for the chest freezers and refrigerators. Trees all over the roads, few people driving. It was like being in an aftermath movie.

Nothing like what was described in the video (in post 1 of this thread) ever happened, not even a hint of it. I doubt any sort of similar issues ever crossed my parents' mind. Of course, the world wasn't as screwed up as it is today, either. So, that may certainly make a difference. Of course, it may not simply be a natural disaster that causes it, as was stated in the documentary.

Knowing an event could happen today, does make me think about how there is strength in numbers. This can be a good thing, especially if the group is organized and trained. The trouble arises when you have someone in that group that isn't all there. I am reminded of the crazy national guardsman, Sgt. Jody Joad (Marjoe Gortner), in the movie Earthquake.

sgt_jody_joad.

So, I guess, these guys are doing it the best way they can, preparing in advance, and getting to know each other while doing so.

gundog10, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

OPSEC keeps me from even watching some of the militia files on the net. One of the most frightening things I experience is the time it takes to get approval to buy a firearm, the background check comes back in seconds and that makes me frightened about the size and current state of my file in the system.

5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Not too "off grid" if they are making movies/TV shows about them...just say'n ;)

There is also a good case that the next "group" or "militia" they you see could actually be a future "armed roving gang" that feature in so many of the post apocalyptic/society failed/huge natural disaster scenarios that so many like to play out online. Just a little food for thought there guys.

6. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

Seen that video a year or so ago, militias are on the rise. The family ones are perhaps the only ones that aren't 100% compromised. Yet even the ones that have an informer or two, when the brown-stuff hits the fan none of that will matter.

They would be raiders, not survivalists.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2016
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I would suggest there is a very fine line between the two in many cases. My point is Rah Rah'ing any "militia" group should be tempered with the knowledge of what they may actually be, come the day.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7