An Oilmans weapon

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Minuteman, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

LOL! The camera adds 20 pounds you know!!!! The flash went off before I had a chance to suck it in!

Colt; Thanks. Yeah it was some dry days last year.

E.L.; I really like El Paso Saddlery's stuff. I have a couple of other holsters from them. This rig is very comfortable. I will have to wear it all day and see how it feels but just trying it on it is more comfortable than any of my others.

2. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yes since it looks like gas is going to push over $3.00-4 a gallon again this summer you must have plenty of money to blow and had to go out and celebrate while everyone else wonders how they'll be able to afford to keep a roof over their head after all the other prices adjust sky high because of the fuel again .

I bet you can't wait till they can start screwing us to the tune of $5+ so you can start a real collection of custom guns . After all no self respecting Oilman that shoots can live without a dozen or so Nighthawks , Wilsons , Ed Browns etc. etc. etc. all in the 3-4 grand price range each !

3. Minuteman

Yep, just waiting for that high dollar gas and prices to get here. Got my eye on a nice 10k gold plated 1911 with diamond sights, oh boy! I could afford it then cause you know us guys in the oil biz we don't have to pay those high prices like everyone else. We just flash the secret sign at the gas station and we get to fill up for free.

Maybe you need to join us. There is a shortage of hands right now. Worms start out at $18-$20 and hour. After 30+ years of chasing rigs around the country, living in motels when you can afford it, your car when you can't, leaving home and hearth to travel to third world sh..holes around the globe, risking life and limb working in the 3rd most dangerous profession there is, to provide the cheapest energy the world has ever known, if you survive, then you could buy some of those custom guns too. Let me know if you need a reference. [beer]

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I think you need one of these it for sale :
    THR
    [​IMG]

5. OzarkSaints

OzarkSaints Monkey++

damn bud, ya do anymore gold plate'n an you'll haveta up an move to deep ellum!

hahaha

it really is a beautiful peace-maker though bud...outstanding piece of weaponry!

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Quig, Email me your price on that Python. Know what year it was made and who the engraver was?

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Done deal PMd you the info.

8. Minuteman

Thanks Oz, yeah I would fit right in down on 10th street, or 23rd ave!!!

It was a splurge, but in my profession it is feast and famine and there is no promise for tomorrow. Can't take it with you so spend it while you can enjoy it. I never saw a hearse with a trailer hitch on it.

My Grandad used to say that he had bought many a new car on a Drillers salary and paid for them on a roughnecks!

9. hickman

hickman Monkey+

Yeah, I know the feeling. People think that just because I work offshore, gas prices don't hit me too. Try my line of work, offshore electrician, the past week, I replaced $500 worth of Fluke meters and added a Fluke 789 processmeter @ $800, before that, when I totaled up the tools in my bag, I quit @ $2k. Yeah the money is good, but when you provide your own tools and need the best, well, you feel the sting too. It does have its benefits though, working 40 days straight @ 16-18 hours a day, missing birthdays and anniversaries, just to keep the lifeblood of this country pumping...

In all honesty, I do love it, and all of those of us that work the drilling side, construction side or production side love it. When you say we ain't right in the head, just remember that, if we were right in the head you would be walking!!! :p

10. Seacowboys

The salvage man's equivalent of that was just bought. I got an El Paso Saddlery black Croc holster, a pair of Lucchese black croc boots, a black hornbeak croc belt that is being fitted with one of my antique silver Ranger buckles. The El Paso belt is ok, but just isn't wide enough for Levis. I am trying to find someone to make me a dual mag pouch out of croc and a single knife pouch for a switch-blade that I am getting fitted with elephant ivory scales. My Colt defender has elephant ivory grips; that's what the croc holster is for. When Tommy gets back from sand-land, we'll get together and pimp around town.
    belt. boots. buckle. Holster.

ghrit and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  11. Minuteman

Damn, we be stylin for shor! Now if we can talk EL into that stingray rig, hmm.
    Nice set there Sea.

12. Seacowboys

Thanks MM; That belly hide sure is pretty but I wanted the hornbeak for my belt; it's a bit tougher and wider. I just happened to think though, that El Paso holster has small belt loops so the hornbeak belt probably will be too wide for it. I got a whole croc hide so maybe I can get another one or two out of it.

13. Zoub

Zoub Monkey+

This thread explains what I saw on TV the other day. A reality TV show about people who buy abanodoned storage units. One guy got a pair of hard hats that had been "embelished" over every square inch.

You should track them down and get one, I think they were in Long Beach.

14. Minuteman

You mean like this one? Almost a prerequisite for any self respecting oilman. And BTW ghrit, the oilman's belly has gone down considerably since moving to the desert!!

PIC_0023.JPG PIC_0020.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7