And Another One Bites the Dust.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chelloveck, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Edit: I am not so sure about Dr Ben representing the soul of the GOP. DR Ben, may perhaps represent the conscience of the GOP, a role which I think he would be infinitely better suited to than Mr draft deferral Drumpf.

Yep.....Whitehouse Chaplain....Donaldo the Great shouldn't have to take Airforce one to his annual indulgence of wine and "crackers": they should be on hand at the Whitehouse 24/7.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. chelloveck

the same argument has been used at times to allege that I am actually a closet Christian, and that I "know" in my heart that Jesus is my saviour. :LOL: By your reasoning, all of those at SM obsessing about NoBammy, must actually be NoBammy aficionados and closet supporters. think about that.... [LMAO]

I don't have an obsession with trump...I'm happy to play whack-a-mole with any of the candidates....just that most of you guys spend such an inordinate amount of effort whacking Uncle Bernie and Mrs Hilarity, that the mess of GOP contenders are left quite neglected. Just think of it as chello doing his bit to make sure that all moles get fairly whacked. ;)

3. chelloveck

And this has what relevance to Dr Ben Carson's withdrawal as Presidential nominee??? or relevance to Donaldo's throwing his fellow GOP presidential competitor under the bus???

4. chelloveck

Clive and Donaldo have a lot in common, though I don't think Clive was quite old enough to be in the window dodging Vietnam Conscription. The Palmer United Party was not so united after all....Clive is the only elected member left after all the other PUP members of parliament defected from the Party to become independent parliamentarians.

Clive has a lot of ego...but he seems to be more interested in keeping his business interests afloat than his electorate's interests served.

There's no intrinsic problem with having wealthy people elected to public office, but it ought not be a necessary critical requirement.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. chelloveck

Relying on the opposing faction to be so awful as to be unelectable is not a very sensible strategy....It just makes the body politic lazy, and being elected because one was perceived as only less bat-$#it crazy, and only slightly more competent than the least favoured candidate/party is no great recommendation.

6. chelloveck

There abouts.....No secret about that....I have intimated that elsewhere at the monkey tree.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Still there is that "Diabolus Causidicus" thing. Keep us guessing Chell? [winkthumb]

chelloveck likes this.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Chello
    As you said what does this have to do with Ben Carson?

We have a saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..;)

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

#1 - An extremely common thing among pols, a simple fact. The listener will determine if it's a fault or not. I call it a fault.
    #2 - Yes, also common in the run ups. Not one of the green hands like bigmouth have a clue about how difficult herding congress cats is, and those with experience in governance have the problem of jawboning the congress cats into their wants. It's nice to hear what they want to do by way of establishing policy when elected, and that, unfortunately is all we have to go on when it comes time to tick the box. The questions in the voting booth are, -who do you believe? and - do they conform to what your vision is? (And, as always in recent memory, which candidate is the least worst?)

chelloveck likes this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@chelloveck
    "OMG....Surgeon General???? It doesn't quite follow that being a competent neurosurgeon necessarily equips one to be a competent Surgeon General."
    You'll get no debate from me on this but he believes that he has what it takes to be President, right? As Surgeon General, he could at least whistle the tune - meaning - he has more experience with the intricate workings of the medical field than he does with the political and legal workings of the presidency... But in his defense, I believe he was the Department head at a major hospital which should be at least be equal to a 'Community Organizer' which we elected as President.

Caveman Jim and 3M-TA3 like this.
  11. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have never found myself in complete disagreement with you since arriving on this forum about a month ago; however, I must this time completely disagree and would even go farther to say that your dislike of Donald Trump biases your normal unbiased logic.

First, I cannot think of anyone here who absolutely loves Trump, I certainly don't; however, when one is drowning one grabs what is available. He's the best we got so it's vote for him or turn our backs on the whole affair. Personally, if I was King, I would give Rand Paul the Presidency and make Ben Carson Vice.

Second, "he's vague"... All politicians are vague! And, we do not need or want (at this point in time) a blow-by-blow of how he is going to balance the budget or deal with specific problems. But, we DO want to know that he DOES intend to Balance the Budget and DOES intend to deal with these specific problems and where he STANDS on issues. And, in fairness, he has on his website specifics on some of his policies. I was reading yesterday his tax plan.

Third, Hillary... Hillary has been in the publics' eye for a much longer time than Donald Trump and rightly so. She is a professional politician while Trump is a businessman - meaning - she works for me while he works for himself. So yes, I am much more critical and watchful of her. The Clintons have been linked to misdeeds and scandals for as long as they have been in office...as most professional politicians are. But, they seems to be made of Teflon and nothing seems to stick to either of them...even this email scandal which I cannot understand what is holding up the investigation and charges. I know that world and she should have immediately lost her clearance while she was under investigation and if found guilty - well - she would be finished. So, why haven't we heard anything? It has been determined that there were indeed very classified documents (what we called SCI) which by its definition "disclosure would cause immediate and grave danger to the US" (paraphrasing here). I would have been CRUCIFIED! And, if she is not, then what about the disturb Army private Chelsea Manning (born Bradley Manning) that released some 'sensitive' documents - certainly nothing like SCI material. And, why didn't she take responsibility for Benghazi? It was on her watch and all those departments and units were under her command. But, no way...the political animal that she is would not allow her to accept the guilt and responsibility that truly is on her doorstep. And, this is just from the last year alone...not even discussing scandals from previous years. I admit that I dislike the woman because to me she represents the self-serving, corrupted, beyond reproach elite class that is in control of our government. She is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with our government.

BTW "like killing all the families of ISIS fighters." I first heard about this as a suggestion of dealing with terrorists from a Russian Professor who specializes in Middle East culture and language years ago. He suggested to use their culture against them and to hold the families of the terrorists responsible for their actions, which by their culture is the norm. Frankly, I don't know if that is true or not but I did ask my Iranian friend who resides in Almaty, Kazakhstan who assured me it was. I believe to do this would be wrong but I also believe it would also be very, very effective and most likely stop terrorism dead in its tracks... like you could say that the nuke on Hiroshima was wrong but it did stop the Japanese and drove them to surrender.

I got to go as today is the Republican Primary in Idaho so going to vote now...

chelloveck likes this.
  12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Benghazi:
    The above covers the failure of Ms. Clinton.

Her husband defended her:
    Not at night, not one time, not ...

Perhaps Benghazi was another of Hillary's senior moments??

13. chelloveck

I was replying to Motomom's post. Throwing fellow party members under the bus is not just an American political sport.

But getting back on track.....and thank you for that timely reminder, Tikka....

Drump's faint praise of Carson reminds me of the Aliens meme

upload_2016-3-9_14-17-22.

one could paraphrase Drumpf's schtick as (I'm not saying that Carson has a pathology like Paedophiles have an incurable pathology (short of "death or that other thing")......but)

Talking about people in glass houses....Drumpf himself has said some genuinely creepy and disturbing things.....

1. Thunder5Ranch
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Bandit99
  4. Yard Dart
  5. UncleMorgan
  6. Legion489
  7. 3M-TA3
  8. Tempstar
  9. Bandit99
  10. Motomom34
  11. AD1
  12. GOG