And I Thought I knew How It worked

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Dont, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I had understood that those elected to congress did not write the legislation that they offered up for consideration to be enacted into law.

No I didn't! Not Really at all.

Further, I thought I had a handle on why professional politicians hated Trump.

Nope. Wrong again.

There are some here that may very well know all this, however, I am willing to bet there are those that don't really know. Not really.

Read and understand::

"There Are Trillions At Stake..." - How Washington Really Works, & Why Its Denizens Despise Trump

Ganado, Yard Dart, GOG and 6 others like this.
  2. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

That certainly puts things in perspective...

Gray Wolf, Dont and HK_User like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

The real government is a combine of the special interest groups and the staff that is supposed to work for the government. The most obvious sign of that power is the actions of congress itself. You seldom see any member of congress speaking "off the cuff", he is instead reading something in front of him or her. Even when "questioning" witnesses in committee, they are usually reading prepared questions with the desired answers also listed. While there are a few exceptions, in most cases the congress is run by the bureaucrats and the special interest groups who write the laws and the administrative people who "fill in the details" in the broad based laws. One of the most glaring examples of which is the inability of congress to control the expenditures for medical drugs in the country, laws are passed to prevent price control and to preserve monopolies.

Another broad based document from Homeland Security, https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/2020_10_06_homeland-threat-assessment.pdf
    states that the biggest danger to the US is white supremacist groups and outside influences in our elections. That would seem to reflect some talking points of a political party rather than a hard look at reality.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It does explain why our lawmakers are so blatantly unfamiliar with the subject matter in the legislation

"you have to pass it to see what's inside"
    "the shoulder thing that flips up"

Yard Dart, Freewheeler and Dont like this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

And that, my child, is how politicians go into the big house poor, and come out wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.

DuxDawg, Ganado, Yard Dart and 7 others like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

So the richest ones are the ones whittling away at our freedoms the most ,,,,,:mad:

7. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

A fantasy a few years back was that Al-Qaeda would set off a nuke in DC when everybody was in session, we could then start over. Now there are a few good ones that I’d hate to see go and I pray that after November, there will be a few more and we can get on with draining the swamp

8. Dont

Did anyone notice the reference to repealing the 17th amendment?

SB21 likes this.
  9. duane

duane Monkey+++

The congress and the president spend 6 months arguing about some broad based law to protect the rivers and then the law that is passed was written by some save the planet lobbyist group and some faceless idiot on the federal payroll states that the creek that runs behind your house connects to a river and is covered by the new law and you have to spend 2 years and thousands of dollars to get permission to put in a culvert so you can reach the other side of your land and some dot com idiot in Cal and a group of greens fight you all the way as they believe that if we don't stop infringing on the standards, the law will be useless and all the swamps in the USA will be drained. Happened to a hard headed old man I know here in NH and when he died, the lawyers liens, court costs, fines, etc, were more than the value of the property and the kids got nothing. All over a path thru a low area that had been used for at least 200 years, but he put a few loads of gravel on it so he could get to his fields with his new tractor and did not get the right permits, survey, engineering study, etc. Never did expect the local conservation commission in his town to both know the new laws and that some of the new out of towners that now ran the commission would spend thousands of the towns dollars in lawyers fees and court costs to enforce the new law as they had to protect all the wet lands in the town. By the time he died, almost all of those who objected had moved on to another and better town and now had more important things to do.:(

ditch witch, SB21 and Freewheeler like this.
  10. UncleMorgan

We wouldn't have this problem if the Honour Amendment hadn't been illegally redacted from the Constitution.

GOG, Dont, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Can't find any info on this - can you explain what that is/was?

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Zerohedge??? [LMAO] ohno [roflmao]ohno [stoner]

O...M...G The TRumpster has done his best to cut out the middle man (Congress) in the lobbyist policy/legislative boondoggling, by appointing lobbyists directly as cabinet secretaries and lesser political apparatchiks in his administration to do his policy wheeling and dealing...what need of Congress???

13. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

6b49b50beb2d469c.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

Gog, in the old days that was the high road, and beheading was the low road. Nobility has their heads removed, us commoners was just hung. Don't know how you would classify politicians, their sense of importance may be slightly different then my sense of their worth. Guess have to go back to the older system, hang them all and let God sort out the innocents.:)

GOG likes this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

follow the money

GOG and ditch witch like this.
  16. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

The worst amendment made to the Constitution. Needs to go.

Dont likes this.
  17. Dont

That and the 16th.. What was the one for removing gold as the means for paying all dept.?

Freewheeler likes this.
  18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Used to be if the average American citizen had a problem with the postal service, social security, VA, etc. they could call or write to their congressman or senator and expect some response...maybe even a solution to their problem, but not any more! There is nothing in it for them financially and it could comeback to bite them someday! Lobbyists have too much money and influence, unelected bureaucrats have too much power, and politicians are too greedy and lazy! Nothing new there! Things haven't changed much since ancient China, Rome, Greece, Egypt, and Ur...the peasants work, pay taxes, and fight wars, while those at court make the laws and get rich(er)! Oh, we have revolutions, idealist temporarily come to power, and we change forms of government, but people will always be people! So the next time some politician brags about their years of service as if it was some sort of hardship or burden... DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!! They wouldn't give it up for the world, unless a better paying gig comes along and then they're gone!
    If they really wanted to serve the people they would be passing out blankets on cold nights, working in a soup kitchen, building houses, etc., but there ain't no money in that!

STGThndr and Freewheeler like this.
  19. UncleMorgan

The "Honors Amsndment" was the original 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It was the law of the land for at least 42 years. It is also known as the "Titles of Nobility Amendment".

A Title of Nobility was an "Honour" in the old English use, as opposed to a modern "Honor", and granted the holder rights or privileges not afforded to the common man.

I have been familiar with this "Thirteenther issue" for at least 20 years, and revisiting the subject I have to say, frankly, that there has been a massive effort made to censor and obfuscate the subject. The Wikipedia article on the subject is pathetic.

Rather than hijack this thread, I'll post a new one on the Honours Amendment in the Conspiracies forum.

It'll probably be a few days.

The case of the missing 13th amendment to the Constitution - National Constitution Center

20. UncleMorgan

Haven't forgotten..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7