And the Europeans are just figuring this out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

The question that flummoxed the great orator

John Crace
    The Guardian, Friday 3 April 2009
    larger | smaller
    Barack Obama, the World's Greatest Orator (™all news organisations), didn't exactly cover himself in glory when the BBC's political editor Nick Robinson asked him a question about who was to blame for the financial crisis. Normally word perfect, Obama ummed, ahed and waffled for the best part of two and a half minutes. Here, John Crace decodes what he was really thinking ...

Nick Robinson: "A question for you both, if I may. The prime minister has repeatedly blamed the United States of America for causing this crisis. France and Germany both blame Britain and America for causing this crisis. Who is right? And isn't the debate about that at the heart of the debate about what to do now?" Brown immediately swivels to leave Obama in pole position. There is a four-second delay before Obama starts speaking [THANKS FOR NOTHING, GORDY BABY. REMIND ME TO HANG YOU OUT TO DRY ONE DAY.] Barack Obama: "I, I, would say that, er ... pause [I HAVEN'T A CLUE] ... if you look at ... pause [WHO IS THIS NICK ROBINSON JERK?] ... the, the sources of this crisis ... pause [JUST KEEP GOING, BUDDY] ... the United States certainly has some accounting to do with respect to . . . pause [I'M IN WAY TOO DEEP HERE] ... a regulatory system that was inadequate to the massive changes that have taken place in the global financial system ... pause, close eyes [THIS IS GOING TO GO DOWN LIKE A CROCK OF SHIT BACK HOME. HELP]. I think what is also true is that ... pause [I WANT NICK ROBINSON TO DISAPPEAR] ... here in Great Britain ... pause [SHIT, GORDY'S THE HOST, DON'T LAND HIM IN IT] ... here in continental Europe ... pause [DAMN IT, BLAME EVERYONE.] ... around the world. We were seeing the same mismatch between the regulatory regimes that were in place and er ... pause [I'VE LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AGAIN] ... the highly integrated, er, global capital markets that have emerged ... pause [I'M REALLY WINGING IT NOW]. So at this point, I'm less interested in ... pause [YOU] ... identifying blame than fixing the problem. I think we've taken some very aggressive steps in the United States to do so, not just responding to the immediate crisis, ensuring banks are adequately capitalised, er, dealing with the enormous, er ... pause [WHY DIDN'T I QUIT WHILE I WAS AHEAD?] ... drop-off in demand and contraction that has taken place. More importantly, for the long term, making sure that we've got a set of, er, er, regulations that are up to the task, er, and that includes, er, a number that will be discussed at this summit. I think there's a lot of convergence between all the parties involved about the need, for example, to focus not on the legal form that a particular financial product takes or the institution it emerges from, but rather what's the risk involved, what's the function of this product and how do we regulate that adequately, much more effective coordination, er, between countries so we can, er, anticipate the risks that are involved there. Dealing with the, er, problem of derivatives markets, making sure we have set up systems, er, that can reduce some of the risks there. So, I actually think ... pause [FANTASTIC. I'VE LOST EVERYONE, INCLUDING MYSELF] ... there's enormous consensus that has emerged in terms of what we need to do now and, er ... pause [I'M OUTTA HERE. TIME FOR THE USUAL CLOSING BOLLOCKS] ... I'm a great believer in looking forwards than looking backwards.

2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

And we wonder why the rest of the world wants to dump the Brenton-Woods agreement and go to a one world currency.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

nice.......seesaw

4. Clyde

Uh, um, er, uh...because we knew uh, um, er, uh, that it was possbile....to er, uh...save the world. Ok.

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

And later aboard Air Farce One.....

barry: "Dammit, who the Hxxx forgot to prompt me on my effing Bluetooth!?"

Without some form of promting and guidance (ie. a teleprompter) The Pretender is totally lost! [ROFL]

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Just like a normal politician, said a bunch of crap that did not amount to anything and avoided the question. POS

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I'm not a worshipper[bow] and am not in that camp:[kneelsuckers]

But does anybody know the answer? If he spits out "why of course Nick it twas the American banksters; the er... wall street tychoons". What would the news look like the next morning" Obama blames U.S. bankers" listed below"for causing crash."what would the markets do? the news media won't even come out and blame anybody.

Guys' gotta waffle ..."Mr. president; give us a reason Joe the plumber shouldn't wait outside these bankers estates with a big pipe wrench?"[axe]

"Well Nick: Er... Assault is illegal?...homina-homina-homina..."

8. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

If I am not mistaken haven't all the DEm's said how he has an IQ of 160 or something like that ,well when it comes to common since he doesn't enough to pour piss out of a boot (pardon me if I offend anyone) .
    He does great as long as he think his answers through and puts the right spin on them and has his answers all ready for the questions that he knows will be ask.
    I've known many people who were book smart but figure their way out of a barn with both doors open.
    Our country has been sold a bill of goods that we can't afford,and it's our grandchildren that will suffer for it .
    It makes me so damn mad I could spit .

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Did we get the govt we deserved?

10. Clyde

so, we can get his IQ results but not his birth certificate?

11. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

IQ of 160 huh what do you wanna bet that includes 60 added points for "Race Norming" ?!!!!!!!!

12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Hmm.. not so sure I buy the 160 claim. let's see what kind of company that would put him in;

Stephen Hawking
    IQ Score 160

Albert Einstein
    IQ Score 160

Plato
    IQ Score 160

Ben Franklin
    IQ Score 160

Thomas Jefferson
    IQ Score 160

Bill Gates
    IQ Score 160

Barack Obama
    IQ Score 160

Hmm.... which one doesn't belong?

How would that compare to other presidents?

Andrew Jackson
    IQ Score 123

Bill Clinton
    IQ Score 137

George H.W. Bush
    IQ Score 98

George W. Bush
    IQ Score 125

George Washington
    IQ Score 118

Gerald Ford
    IQ Score 121

Harry Truman
    IQ Score 132

Jimmy Carter
    IQ Score 156

JFK
    IQ Score 119

John Adams
    IQ Score 137

John Quincy Adams
    IQ Score 175

Lyndon B. Johnson
    IQ Score 126

Richard Nixon
    IQ Score 143

Ronald Reagan
    IQ Score 105

Thomas Jefferson
    IQ Score 160

Ulysses S. Grant
    IQ Score 130

So he's one of the most intelligent presidents we have ever had?

Yeah right! Sounds like a little resume padding to me.

I call

[BSf]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7