And this is why I don't like people helping me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder5Ranch, Sep 23, 2022.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Not to get into something long and drawn out but my friend learned the hard way, haste makes waste.
    He got in a hurry and turned over his crane, after it had been corrected we had another lift issue and I took control and took my time and we got a vanity off my truck that was way too heavy for even 3 men to lift, it was actually loaded with a fork-lift) . and I used my truck crane to lift it off the truck safely and he was impressed.
    Getting in a hurry only dances with danger, and learning to use the correct life equipment is invaluable.
    I get cut often enough because I wasn't wearing gloves or gauntlets or shin guards, but each event prods me into taking my time to do things right especially because I work alone most of the time.
    Getting older my skin gets thinner and I'm to as strong as I once was. All the more reason to have and use the lift equipment.

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Speedy recovery, @Thunder5Ranch. I generally don't like too many people either.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

yep you got a ouchy to! What is it about finger injuries that get the puke flowing. Thought I was past that yesterday morning and every time I bumped it the stomach started doing flip flops. Today was better. Looks like if we got put together we would have a good left and right hand LOL.

5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Had good leather gloves on.... didn't help much. Lifting was not the problem, dumb assery was. Mostly on my part I should have insisted he leave me alone or kept waiting for yet another disgruntled employee to show up. Got enough of my strength back now that 250-300 pounds really is not much of a challenge again. A year ago I was still struggling with a 50 pound bag of feed. Get into the 400 pound plus stuff that is when I break out the hydraulics...... or if there is a lot of 250-300 pound things to be moved..... this was just 8 RR ties.

BTPost likes this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Yeah that doesn't look good at all.

7. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Fingers don't bother me as much as toe injuries. when I was 5 I had 220 stitches to the bottom of my foot from stepping on a broken bottle in a creek. The entire creek turned purple and I just about died that day if my brother hadn't been there.

8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If you want something done right, do it yourself...by yourself! Hell is full of people with good intentions and that just wanted to help!

Cruisin Sloth and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Had an underpile conveyor chain (each link about 2' long, 18" wide, and 3" high) pinch my pinkie finger, once, at work. Was about a half second too slow to keep from getting a compression laceration, and about a half second fast enough to prevent losing the tip of the finger. Worst part was, I was inside the conveyor housing, with wood dust all around, no rag to wrap it in, and in order to get out of there, had to crawl through a space just high enough for me, on my hands and knees. Sure didn't want to get all that wood dust in it, so I stuck my finger in the cleanest spot I could find.....

....my mouth! :eek:o_O

Took 5 stitches to close everything back up again, with my finger in a splint for 3 weeks. But got to enjoy some time off, after the stitches came out, doing physical therapy, in order to get that finger to bend right again! Yep, I caught some shit for that.....but the therapist was cute, so I didn't mind going! :sneaky:

Makes for a real interesting fingerprint now, too. In fact, I use that finger, for biometric fingerprint scans, now. Go ahead, try to copy that one!! :whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Lost the tip of my left thumb to a razor sharp blade 40 years ago. Doc of the sewed it back on and most of it rotted off leaving a little Nipple looking cluster of nerves. Bump it even a little bit even today it brings tears to the eyes. Keep that thumb nail just long enough to over lap my thumb nipple just enough so the nail takes the bumps. LOL anything that requires a thumb print or scan, I use the left thumb for the same reason you mention. Whenever someone notices it and ask about it, I tell them it is a genetic mutation and I was born with a nipple on the end of my thumb and that even squirts milk now and then! Have always regreted getting that tip sewn back on, if I hadn't every Doc since agree my thumb would look and be pretty much normal now. Scuse the dirty nail just came in from cleaning the box blades clay collection out.

DSC03364.JPG

natshare and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

And you wonder why people think you are strange!:eek:o_O:LOL:

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That'll buff right out.

13. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yeah, this one's mine. It just started pinching the skin, when I jerked my hand out of the way. Which finished tearing it wide open.
    Bottom of the picture is same as the top, with the blue line showing the scar. Getting the shot to numb me for stitches hurt worse than the injury (ain't adrenaline wonderful stuff?).....and waking up in the middle of the night, with my hand down by my side, and the novacaine worn off, was even better! :eek::rolleyes: Scar.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7