'Angel' cloud appears over Texas skyline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Aug 2, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Well this are interestin.........hmmmm.... some agree some don't .... guess ya gots for to make up yer own mind?

upload_2018-8-2_3-57-18.

A driver in Texas on Monday snagged a photo of a cloud formation that he thinks looks like an angel over the horizon.

Danny Ferraro shared the gleaming snapshot on Facebook, dubbing it the “Texas Angel.”

“This was the sunset as we were driving down Hwy 105,” Ferraro wrote. “How awesome is that!”

NEW MEXICO CHURCH MIRACLE? VIRGIN MARY STATUE APPEARS TO ‘WEEP’ OLIVE OIL

Ferraro was able to catch the image as he was enroute to handle a situation that he wasn’t looking forward to, he told WFTS. But he told the outlet that he viewed the appearance of the angel-like cloud as a message that everything would turn out “OK.”

Fox 10 Phoenix shared the photo on their Facebook page, asking viewers what they saw.

Some seemed to agree with Ferraro in believing that it looked like an angel but other people viewed it differently.

MICHIGAN MAN CLAIMS HIS SECURITY CAMERA CAPTURED AN ‘ANGEL’ FLOATING OVER TRUCK

One person wrote that it looked like a “praying mantis with a dress on!” while another said it bore a resemblance to “Julie Andrews, in ‘The Sound of Music.’”

A similar incident happened to a man in Michigan in May, who claimed that his motion sensor security camera captured the image of an angel floating above his truck.

'Angel' cloud appears over Texas skyline

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I see a 3 phase corner pole with a static line. :whistle:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I see Gamera above something that looks like a waiter bringing a pizza to my table............ And Gamera is about to jack my pizza!

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I see a driver not paying attention to the road....

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

In one word....'Pareidolia'. Project whatever pattern one imagines the natural / or unexplained phenomenon seems to represent and encourage other gulls to agree...

For such things as bleeding, weeping, peeing, dribbling, sacred statuary, the smart move is to proclaim a miracle and be first to set up a holy trinket and tea towel concession nearby.

Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I use to love this game as a kid, making shapes from the clouds. I lost it for a while as I climbed the career ladder but, happily, it's back. Not sure why the 'angel' has a triangle head though...

I think this one does look like an angel:

Motomom34, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Exactly , a miracle like us receiving Trump instead of the Hildabeast for POTUS,,,,,,,and setting up another holy trinket and tea towel concession stand,,,,,,just another example of the way Trump is moving this economy to prosperity,,,,,,,:ROFLMAO: (y)

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I really like that this Angel is holding a Flaming Sword.....

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Papa_asf130

Papa_asf130 Monkey++

That truck is a real thing sorry if you don't believe, but this is very rare pic of a real angel... You can think as crazy as you want

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. chelloveck

It seems that you've just identified the Trumpster as a conniving fraudulent huckster....i'm not sure that is what America deserves, but that is evidently what America has...welcome to the Brave New World...bring on the Soma![stoner]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Oh no kind sir,,,,don't try and twist my words around ,,,but I can see how you could have misconstrued my meaning ,,,,,but America is better off now than we would have been under the other options we had. If you can't agree with that ,,, then I don't think there's very much we could agree on until after 2024 ,,,,(y)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. chelloveck

Oh...is His Trampesty dissolving Congress and the Senate...filling SCOTUS with sychophants and lickspittles, and declaring himself a dictator for life? If he can pardon sherrifs and third rate conservative doco twats, I'm sure he can give it a aTrump University try at tearing up the 22nd Ammendment too. :ROFLMAO:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

On the pardons , I just have to say , that Odummer , pardoned far worse , and far more than Trump has ,,,,, but we still have 6 years to go ,,,,(y)

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Bandit99

Well, I am for dissolving Congress, both the House and the Senate, "throw the rascals out!"

Gator 45/70, SB21 and magicfingers like this.
  15. BTPost

I am NOT for dissolving Congress, just Holding elections for EVERY Seat, and making previous Service a Disqualifying event.... As well as making Senators elected by their State Legislators, the way the Constitution was originally Written...

16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Angel clouds....

[​IMG]

and some angel Art
    [​IMG]
    PJs as Angels....

[​IMG]
    and the Art post for the day

[​IMG]
    and the Angel of Death - OP Rockwell.....

17. BTPost

Did you know that O. P. was the Sheriff of Utah County? and owned a Bar at Point of the Mountain...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Bandit99

I never heard of him until now, had to Google him. Interesting character...

19. BTPost

O.P. always said he never killed someone who didn’t need Kill’en....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

In my first book the Sheriff was a Rockwell, his son? The Deputy..... OP Rockwell.

He never lost his temper and never missed... An original Old West badass

The definitive book about OP is

Orrin Porter Rockwell: Man of God, Son of Thunder Paperback – 1993
    by Harold Schindler (Author), Dale Bryner (Illustrator)
    (https://www.amazon.com/dp/087480440X/?tag=survivalmonke-20)
    (Second Edition)

From the publisher -
    The legend of the Destroying Angel of Mormondom was well established by the time of his death, of natural causes, in 1878. Travelers sang ballads about him as they gathered around their campfires at night. Mothers used his name to frighten children into obedience. He was accused of literally hundreds of murders, all in the name of the Mormon Church.

Yet behind all the myth was a man, a human being. Orrin Porter Rockwell believed in his prophet, Joseph Smith. He spent most of a year chained in an Independence dungeon for his belief, then walked across Missouri to Nauvoo, stumbling into Joseph’s house on Christmas Day. Joseph said to him then, “Cut not thy hair and no bullet or blade can harm thee,” and the legend was born.

Rockwell continued to serve the leaders of his church—as hunter, guide, messenger, scout, guerilla, emissary to the Indians, and lawman. He traveled thousands of miles, raised three families, accumulated land and wealth—and favorably impressed almost everyone who met him. But although he walked with presidents and generals, scholars and scoundrels, in a life lived at the center of many of the great events of the American frontier, he has remained an enigma, a source of continuing controversy.

Harold Schindler’s remarkable investigative skills led him into literally thousands of unlikely places in his search for the truth about Rockwell. Dale L. Morgan, one of the west’s foremost historians, called the first edition “…an impressive job of research, one of the most impressive in recent memory, in the Mormon field. Mr. Schindler has shown great energy and sagacity in dealing with a difficult, highly controversial subject; and he has also made maximum use of the latest scholarship and newly available archival resources.”

But the author was not satisfied until he had probed even more deeply, and this revised and enlarged second edition contains greatly expanded documentation as well as textual additions that flesh out the characters and events of this classic drama of early America.
    I took my time to research OP Rockwell, for you cannot study the history of the Intermountian West and not review/understand the LDS folks who settled the area.

OP Rockwell was a man of the times, and a man to be reckoned with. I can endorse this book as a history tome and not some kind of (pro or anti) religious screed.

Port was accused of the at temped assassination of LW Boggs , the Governor of MO at the time. Port claim to be innocent. The fact that Boggs lived was proof enough - OP never missed.... This and the many other events that led to the legend are both examined (with original source material footnoted) and explained in the context of the times. More than a collection of 'Olde West stories" or a retelling of pulp fiction - the book is a serious look at the man and the times he lived and eventually, dies in.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7