Anheuser-Busch InBev agrees to buy SABMiller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Oct 13, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

InBev is already a mega-brewer now they will be a dominate brewer world wide.
    In order to get it approved they will likely sell off some of it but still they will be the AT&T, Walmart or Comcast of beer.
    There are many fine small local brewers out there Sierra Nevada, Boulevard, Bells, New Glarus, New Belgium,Rouge Ales........You all probably have a few favorites.

My suggestion buy local stay away from the mega swill beers.

Sadly they are going after the small brewers AB InBev has swallowed Seattle's Elysian Brewing, Oregon's 10 Barrel Brewing and Chicago-based Goose Island in the last year or two.
    SABMiller has also tapped into the craft beer scene, buying one of the UK's most successful independents, London's Meantime Brewing Company.

.......................................................................................
    SABMiller agrees to takeover offer from AB InBev in biggest beer deal ever - Oct. 13, 2015

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Marck, Ganado and stg58 like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Support your local breweries!!!!!!! [chopper]

Dunerunner, Marck, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  4. Gesko

Gesko Monkey+++

i should open a beer, thread made me thirsty.

I always drink Sam Adams when in the US, very nice beer, won a few awards too

Ganado likes this.
  5. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

St Pauli Girl. Wow, it has been years since I saw this beer. Thanks for the memory!

We are in Texas and always buy local. Lone Star or Shiner Bock.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Well for the most part, you can pour it all back into the horse for all I care. I never have quite grasped the concept of drinking more than a few ounces of anything at a sitting but most beer drinkers seem to pour it down by the gallons. That isn't thirst, it's drinking for effect, no problem with that but good sipping whiskey doesn't make me have to pee 20 times a night.Now that the swill is monopolized, they can add all sorts of other mind-control drugs to it we'll still watch their stupid commercials during football games.

Ganado likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Hopefully, the Miller folks will now teach the Bud folks how to brew better beer! Damn Budweiser gives me a wicked headache, after just a couple beers! :mad:

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Nope. You head will still whack the bar....:rolleyes:

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Honestly I can say I do not drink either now days.... it all taste like nasty water or skunk....
    I prefer my beer from local breweries, and dark enough that I can not see through it.... unlike that piss water that Miller and Bud put out for public consumption.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7