Animal Tracking

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by RightHand, Aug 6, 2005.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Cool, thanks for the links Animal tracking is something i do a lot of year around out here!

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

btt

4. azprospector

azprospector Happy Desert Rat

Tracking is one of those skills that once learned, you never really completely forget. You do however become rusty in the skill if you don't practice it regularly.

5. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

I've always been fascinated by critter tracking..I never made much money trapping because I'd get on a mink track and find myself several miles down the creek with no traps set.I once spent several pleasant hours tracking a pair of grey fox in snow,never got more than 1/2 a mile from where I started the tracking,but they led me on a meandering trail thru the woods and back to the creek where they crossed on a tree trunk not more than 4 inches thick about a hundred yards from where I went in the woods.I didn't follow any further,was time to go back to work.But..with what I learned from tracking,by golly,I can catch a mink or a grey fox.Don't trap anymore,but I still get the fever and still love to track mink..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7