Animals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cabot, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have cow penned with many a horse but never with a Clydesdale..... I love draft horses... and would have a field of many!!!

Aeason and Ganado like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

My neighbor has several draft horses ,they do carriage rides for the local wineries here .
    Post SHTF I'm not sure they wii be able to feed them.they rely completely on external sources .
    It was my recommendation that they strongly consider growing the feed them self, but they've already got too many irons in the fire as it is. literally .
    I have the space but the land is not that good for growing (which can be fixed) and the water situation here is critical too.( California drought )
    If I had my own well and a good GPM I could be persuaded .
    I have a good water reserve for my self, but not enough for horses .
    I raise chickens and plan and prepare for their survival and hope to have a brooder or two well before thing's go south.
    I speculate that at least with a horse one could use a wagon and haul water from local lakes, till they dry up .

Aeason likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@ghrit Loved that picture!

1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 12, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. JC Refuge
  4. Alanaana
    Media

KFC

Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    This is Lavinia!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 14, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. TnAndy
  11. Motomom34
  12. Yard Dart
  13. Benjamin A. Wood
  14. Benjamin A. Wood
  15. Benjamin A. Wood
  16. Benjamin A. Wood
  17. Benjamin A. Wood
  18. Benjamin A. Wood
  19. TnAndy