Annual Fun and Games... What does your community do for fun?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Ganado, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Dunerunner and Meat like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ganado, Dunerunner and Meat like this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Ganado and Meat like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Winter Solutes Party on Dec 22nd every year..... We pray to the Sun GOD, to come back, and shine down on us....

Ganado and Meat like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Ganado, Dunerunner and Tully Mars like this.
  6. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

i like to watch grass grow-- he he he

7. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

20140920_185817. 195. 20140125_181127. I started basketball alumni games to raise money for the high school basketball team we have player that graduate all the way back in 1978 come out to play me and my brother were referring the lady's game before our game we also have a adult prom it's kind of funny to watch

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Ganado likes this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

I'm near Portland OR so we have naked bike rides and pride parades.

Not that I have an issue with either but we stay out of town for the 'festivals'.

Grew up in a small town and am envious of y'all that have fun community gatherings.

Most of the stuff over here in WA is mostly in late spring. We volunteer at the local kids fishing derby every year.

When I can handle it I go to the outdoor woods shooting site clean ups.

Other then that my home shooting range has an annual picknik and swap meet with a nice raffle - I missed it again this year but I'm determined to get there next year =).

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I do not know. Really do not participate in the community. I do go to the fireworks but that is about it.

Joe13 likes this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My community reassess my property each year so they can justify an annual 50% increase in property taxes. That's what they do for fun.

Motomom34 and Joe13 like this.
  11. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Unfortunately I'm like @Motomom34, we have a tribe but it isn't or local community. We do hit the whitewater center for just about every firework holiday and they have live music every Thursday and Saturday that we go to more often than not, but no real community anything.

Growing up, one of our neighborhoods did a block party twice a year. 20 or so grills going, bobbing for apples, swimming in one of the dozen backyard pools, most of the adults having a few to many.

Our HOA tries to do stuff but it's mostly geared towards the younger families with little kids. And try as I might, I just don't have much in common with them. They don't have the same life experiences and it seems like most of the kids are "onlys" and the parents are just living in another world.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

It used to be a lot of fun in my younger days.;)

Well, we have this:
    Florabama

Hell of a lot of fun, great music, great food, plenty of Rum and pretty girls to look at;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
    Ganado likes this.
  13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Went to my first baby shower today, I was worried it was gonna be some strange female cult thing, but it was basically just show and tell with presents. And there were prizes and food. Main community events here, every month there's bingo to support the fire department, every spring there's a plant exchange/luncheon, a white elephant gift exchange for Christmas(this and the plant exchange are women only though). There's a 'community action team', since we're not...incorporated?...as anything, we don't have a city council or mayor, we just have the CAT. I get involved with various events just so I know what's going on in my area. So it's for OPSEC and free food/prizes.

14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Water Loop!!
    It is Most Excellent!

[​IMG]

Ganado likes this.
  15. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Gave up on community events. Now all the Hams just get together and do something once a month or so, like cookouts, mini field days, swap meets, etc.

Ganado and ghrit like this.
  16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And of course, there are the gun club activities. My township doesn't have enough people with any interest in social smashing, the farmers are occupied 24/7 this time of year, tough enough to find the time for a round of trap.

Ganado likes this.
  17. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

we do this........

Saturday, October 1, 2016

41st annual Peanut Festival and Battle of the Bands
    John A. Holmes High School, parade @ 11 am food and arts and crafts vendors, noon-until with the band competition later in the day

Ganado likes this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7