Another city trying to kill a garden

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by kckndrgn, Sep 20, 2011.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Memphis Teacher Ordered to Dismantle Urban Garden : TreeHugger

Yet another city that is trying to force a gardener to stop growing his food. Only this time it's a teacher that is doing this on his own time, on his own property with students and neighbors - you know, like a community thing.

What's worse - IT'S MY CITY!!

Time for city guberments to get out of our gardens!! (time to move out of this city as well, and I would if I could)

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Trust me, I've thought about emigrating to Oz and to Canada many a time. The Missus would vote for OZ due to weather, I'd vote for Canada for weather. Maybe we could settle on NZ.

Alas, getting any of my guns into any of those countries is going to be problematic, so I'll guess we will stay here and fight for our rights as free sovereign citizens of the Mitten!

Somebody has got to do it. And as I get older, more likely. Never piss off a grumpy old man.

chelloveck and tacmotusn like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

A big +1 on this above.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Folks you did not read the code thouroughly... the appropiate section under which the garden is being shut down is as follows...

Everyone knows that if the grow good veggies someone will come along and steal some... :oops:

6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Posted on it that they should vote the idiots out of office. He should run for mayor then higher.

7. beast

beast backwoodsman

his campaign promise should be
    "free food for everyone, the old mayor is buying".....lol

8. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Gee how nice of them to allow you to have a garden. :rolleyes: Where I live we plant as big a garden as we want and put any %$#@ing place we want on our property. [dunno]

BWM

HK_User and Cephus like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Some years ago, I was actively thinking about that and looked into it fairly deeply. The stopper was (since I was looking for a place to retire and not work) was the bond required to assure I could support myself and not fall onto the public health care system. Way too much money tied up that would not be available for other retirement activities. Similar problems with NZ. (And ignoring completely the politics in both countries about which I knew little then and not much more now.) So here I am, putting up with US politics and restrictions. Plus, as BWM says, I can grow what I want (if anything) on my own land. Fortunately, I'm not in a town with idiotic statutes and regulations.

1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Avocado_tree

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    I love the end of summer.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Smells heavenly
  7. Alanaana
    Avocadoes
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
    I think it's 20lbs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Is coffee better than bananas?
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
    Sugarloaf White Pineapples are my favorite!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 11, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
    I have so much weeding to do!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle Vibes

This is the driveway at the front of my property.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
  20. Dunerunner
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7