Another Hollywood liberal - Shucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Sep 20, 2011.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Tony Bennett: “But who are the terrorists? Are we the terrorists or are they the terrorists? Two wrongs don’t make a right,” he said.
    “They flew the plane in, but we caused it,” he continued. “Because we were bombing them and they told us to stop.”"

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44602197/ns/today-entertainment/#.Tnk-hexqCSo

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Poor Tony is becoming senile, I fear.

3. beast

beast backwoodsman

"we" didnt do a thing
    our govt did, like theyve been doing for years
    they decide what they want and they do it
    it has nothing to do with who we vote for
    nothing to do with which party is in power
    we have way too many govt secrets
    and everyday they keep more

4. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

For better or worse WE are responsible for our government. WE have exactly the government WE deserve. Exactly!

Very VERY few people are in positions to do what you have rightfully (in my mind) accused them of, that were not either elected or appointed by those WE elected.

I think Bennett has gone off his rocker, personally. But I also think that not taking ownership for the actions of the people WE put in office is kinda crazy too. [loco]

Sapper John, RightHand and ghrit like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

6. Opinionated

Opinionated Monkey+

I don't know. Maybe I'm being a bit too critical but this statement:

sens a pretty strong signal to me of what he must think of the war fighters. The men and women in the proverbial and literal trenches.

And I'm not happy about it.[beat]

7. beast

beast backwoodsman

we the people get to vote on a choice of candidates someone in power picks to run
    when was the last time you saw someone run for office that wasnt a career politician?
    oh yeah, perot, he was rich as hell but that didnt do him any good did it
    the good ole boys of politics keep outsiders out, and youll never prove to me otherwise
    we do not have any real say, havent in years, we can grumble and hope
    and once in a while someone does just enuff to make us think hes for us
    but if you really look at it close youll see im right

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Well, according to Wiki.....

"He fought in the final stages of World War II as an infantryman with the U.S. Army in the European Theatre."

So he did at least serve. So many trash our troops without ever 'walking the walk'.
    Still, he should know better. War is Hell, and should be avoided when possible - but there are certainly times when it is simply the best way to get the job done, win freedom, throw off slavery, or free others. At that time, the politicians should step back and let the war fighters do what they know best how to do. When the fighting is poorly done, and lives needlessly lost, you can bet some areshat politico 'micro-managed' it badly.......

I never cared for Bennett anyhoo.......

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7