1. Given the media intensity given to the Covid 19 (otherwise known as Corona or Wuhan) virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 30 June or be extended if needed.

Another Marlin in the safe.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey++

Got my lay a way out from the pawnshop today. Marlin 30AW in 30/30 . Basically a less expensive version of the 336. Birch wood stock, post front bead sight, crossbolt safety. Came with scope mount and a Tasco scope made in Japan. Manufactured in 1990 so its not a Remlin! LOL. Has a cheap sling for now but that's subject to change in the future. Rubber butt pad with the Marlin horse and rider emblem in it. A bit rough but a very serviceable utilitarian rifle. $200.00 OTD!

wideym, SB21, Sapper John and 3 others like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Good dependable truck gun :)

techsar, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey++

And .30-30 can fire cast-lead bullets and are easily reloaded. They will even shoot black powder!

Thunder5Ranch, techsar, 3cyl and 2 others like this.
  4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey++

Well, yes and no. 30 30 Winchester was one of the first smokeless power loads. Don't know for sure if any black powder load data is out there for it .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Sure, there are BP loadings for 30:30 Winchester... I like 50 Grains of FFF BP under a 130 grain Jacketed Flat-nosed Projectile.... I worked that up 50 years ago, when I first got into BP, learning with Ted Fellows as my proctor... Really pissed off the “Fish & Feathers Guys” when they tried to pinch me for using a “Modern” FireArm... My Model 1894 with BP Loads fit the definition, even back then...

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Better send me that Dirty 30 for safe keeping.....

Also I can blow up a pigs a$$ if I see one tomorrow or this weekend....lol

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Oh yeah,,, I smell a pig pickin' happenin' at Gators place this weekend ,, a couple pots fulla mudbugs and some steamed oysters ,, we got us a party ,,, dont forget the squeezins' ,,,

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7