Another Nutbag Shoots People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No. A hyperbolic mixture needs no ignitor, just dump the two components together. I actually wonder if that un-named LEO really knows what a hyperbolic explosive is, or was just getting creative. Not at all a normal use.

ETA: Looks like either I mis-spelled hypergolic, or someone edited it. (Most likely the former. Rats, make the whole post nonsensical.)

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-suspect-gun-club-membership-rejected-184224473.html

This is the kind of citizen we need to be, Aware. When you identify a Nutbag, don't give him the opportunity to join your group and exploit your experience for consequential actions they may take!! Nice to hear the gun club was paying attention and made the right call on not allowing him to join. Maye be the lack of training at this club, with guys to coach on various techniques, such as clearing a jam in his AR, saved a life or two. Maybe if there had a been a couple of other "opportunites" someone could have got this guy pinched before he snapped!!

4. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Exactly my point. I suspect the cop may have misused the term hypergolic.

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Maybe he was trying to say that whatever the media says is "hyperbolic," which would be a true statement.

ghrit likes this.
  6. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I am not a tannerite user, but if the nutbag did use it, I don't expect it to be available to the general public for long.

7. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I dont understand why you would have to be some college educated brainiac to build sofisticated explosive devices,or volitile mixtures that go boom,or make fire.
    My friends,and I were fiddling with stuff like that,all the way back when I was in the 5th grade.
    If you're literate,good with detail,and can follow instructions.Everything you need to know,learn,or buy can be found on the web.
    $20K??
    For that kinda money,enough stuff could have been purchased to level half the city,detonated with a $10 watch.All while the perp is on a plane headed to live with his family's relatives in Turkey.

The whole scenario as it went down,stinks to high heaven if you ask me.
    Matt

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Tannerite needs to be shot with a bullet of sufficient velocity to make the combined compounds explode. Until then it's quite stable.

He could have found plenty of reactive chemicals locally. He was crazy, not stupid....surely he could use Google, or watch instructive You-tube video's.

HD

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

SS, I Would believe that it could be as you surmise... That the LEO, was talking out of his Hat.... Certainly if he was leaking information.... I think it is a case of... If you know what was the deal, you would NOT be talking, and if your "Taking" You do not have a Clue.... .

10. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

BT I heard the AR jammed due to the 100 round mag, I guess Beta Mag, I have a couple of these and if you don't put the graphite lube in them and work it in they will jam. I would almost bet he got the mag and trashed the tube thinking the mag was done at the factory.

I just seen on fox where they are throwing it out that the mag he used would have been illegal to owne under the new law that is waiting to be passed which will also ban these type of assault weapons.

11. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

Alpha Dog use caution about spreading rumors. I it is a fact and you are able to post a link great but, it not it is just storing the shit pot.

Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome. FTM/PTB

12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Alpha do you have any trouble with these mags becoming dis lodged in use?

13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Silversnake and oldawg like this.
  14. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

Hyperbolic Mixture can be something as gasoline and Drano.

15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

16. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

Nice news clip.

17. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

its too bad the Westboro wasn't watching that movie that night instead of the victims shot and killed.

BTPost, ghrit and Catullus like this.
  19. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

Too bad it wasn't a group of second amendment activists. Ten the ending would be vastly different.

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Seems much of the early Reporting has been found to be not very accurate.... I see where the 100Rd Drum has now been identified as being found on the floor of the theater.... Ok I got that wrong... and the Perp. was arrested, out by his vehicle... Shotgun first, the AR, then pistol.... and he apparently only had ONE pistol , during the shooting, and was unArmed, when arrested.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7