Another online quiz

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, May 12, 2018.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

How Smart Are You? Take This Quiz to Find Out! - Definition.org

The quiz has a heavy American cultural bias....and probably is a test of identifying persons of interest by their mug shots in some cases.

"....I got 44 of 50 right
    Amazing! Are you a professor? If not, you may want to consider a career change...."

No....I'm not a professor....I'm an internet troll FFS!

Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Not taking the quiz...I am brilliant!!! :)

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Quiz? We Don Ned No Stinkin Quiz!
    I'm a legend in my own mind and I can prove it! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Tully Mars, Yard Dart and Seepalaces like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

What the heck is a bachelor's degree?
    I never been to collage .

Ura-Ki and Seepalaces like this.
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

35 out of 50.

Ura-Ki, Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  6. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Be careful on this, though. I've read some of these quizzes are ways of collecting information for identity theft.
    Tangentially, isn't it strange how much value this generation places on intellect? Gladwell's research seems to suggest that it isn't that important of a characteristic compared to ghrit.

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

That's the point at which a single man becomes vulnerable to the third degree from his about to be married spouse. ;)

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    ochit and Seepalaces like this.
  8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I sucked got 35 should have got 39 or 40 went for speed as i hate tests on general historical / date knowledge
    it said I got 35 of 50 right You are a master with Master’s degree a few had other answers that were close enough that my memory failed to spot the right answer.

Since i went to work at 16 got a GED and a handful of credits and have only a glancing blow on art, poetry or literature mostly from being drug through museums all over Europe and forced to sit through Operas and other cultural shocks to my system, I knew my basic Shakespeare and at least they didn't ask about poor Yorick.

[​IMG]

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki and chelloveck like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Cheezed at myself for missing the 1984 question... got almost to the end with that single wrong answer and the tab crashed so eff it. I really don't see a quiz like this as a very good test of intelligence, just how many facts you know or in many case on this one deduce from the question itself. IMO we all get 100 smart points and we spend them how we want. Spend them all in the Theoretical Bullshit department and you come up short in ingenuity, street smarts or others.

The smartest man I ever knew quit school at 12 to help support his family during the depression. He would have gotten the correct answers for the historical events he lived through and likely nothing else.

10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Some answers that I had gotten wrong I felt that were a matter of opinion , not the details as I had understood them .
    There were only a few questions that I had no idea what the right were .
    Some I recognized after the correction was shown.
    Only a fraction of the test is relevant to important issues of life , much of it is purely trivia, not worthy of any memory IMO.
    There were other tests was well I took a few for the fun of it.
    The problem with those making tests is that they have their narrow view of what intelligence is .
    There is more then one way to skin a cat , "right" is a matter of experience, and preference .

ochit and Seepalaces like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7