Another PM Spammer - tickbit

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by melbo, Mar 18, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sorry guys. These spammers find small hole quicker than we can plug them. I think we found the way he sent out that mass PM and have taken care of the problem.

I'd really hate to have to go to 'moderated registration' but if they continue to play games, we may have to go that route.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

lol
    melbomage.

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud]

4. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

yes I just looked at a PM from this guy and was wondering if is a legit gun site or if it is a virus ridden den just waiting on me to be dumb enough to click on the link .

5. Rokko

Rokko Monkey+

Checking in the second time as a new member and wanting to invite folks to my blog.
    You can start your day with a little fun at a website, ---------- that helps people learn a serious subject in a fun manner, for free.
    I created the quizzes as a service, since I had to figure out how to get my own family prepared. I figured if I was doing the work anyway, I might as well write it up in the form of quizzes and guides so others wouldn't have to suffer through learning about such a dour subject without having some fun doing it.
    The free quizzes from "Helping Children Survive" to Hurricanes & Tornadoes" to the most popular "Nuclear Disaster" are available on the site, ---------- You can play the Quizzes, read the new Guides, rate each one, read comments, add your own voice, and visit a store with some interesting and useful stuff in an emergency.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I've removed the link to your site. Make some contributions to our community before you attempt to promote yours. two identical posts is known as spam and it's ironic that you posted this in a thread about a spammer...

7. 009.5

009.5 Monkey+

Wow, did that really just happen? *shakehead*

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No, that was in April. Spammers lose on the first try, usually. Smacked one down this afternoon. There is NO slack cut for spam.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7