Another shooter at Fort Hood

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Apr 2, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

(CNN) -- There is an active shooter at the sprawling central Texas base of Fort Hood, a source at Fort Hood told CNN on Wednesday.

The situation is serious and sirens are going off, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

A spokesman for the base said an "incident" was under way but declined for provide additional information.

Fort Hood's official Twitter feed asked that all personnel on post shelter in place.

A local sheriff's office said that it had heard there was a shooting.

"They got some kind of shooting incident going on. They haven't told us anything. It was on post and being handled by the military. Fort Hood has not asked for any assistance," said Lt. Donnie Adams with the Bell County Sheriff's Office.

On November 5, 2009, Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan opened fire at Fort Hood, killing 13 people and injuring 32.

The former Army psychiatrist was convicted of premeditated murder, and a military jury recommended that Hasan be put to death.

2. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

They were investigating a army recurte (sp) that threatened jihod. But hey Islam is a religion of peace ;)

3. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

Crying here. Damn, this is so much bullshit. How many of my troops have to be butchered till they are allowed to defend themselves? Why do we allow these a*(*holes to be part of our military? Damn damn damn this false religion that kills my soldiers!!!! I hate them

Three dead, not including the spawn of scum that offed himself, 14 injured. Burn his body, wipe his name from any records, throw his ashes on the salt flats where nothing grows, leave a ring of stones with some of his ashes for soldiers to urinate on.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  4. ozarkgoatman

Mike we have to be PC and inclusive (PUKE) We may not be at war with islam but islam is at war with us.

5. Mike

I am at war with Islam. Son of bitches killing my soldiers and our govt not allowing them to defend themselves. Then our govt calls it soldier on soldier, not terrorism. I AM TIRED OF THIS SHIT

Those who have served know my pain. BT knows. Others know. Damn, this hurts. Again, at Ft Hood, and again soldiers who carry weapons in battle can carry now weapons in their own base. How many would have been hurt had they been armed? This is total BS. I hate it!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@ozarkgoatman - I know that was tongue in cheek but maybe not the exact best time. Just sayin'

@Mike - I hear you, and agree. I won't claim to have any answers much less ones that those in power would agree with. Scratch that, I do have some answers but I'm not going to go up against the COC. The closest I can come is to how I felt when my younger brother was on the Stennis and in harms way fighting (and supporting the fight against) these walking turds.

There is no reasoning with them. They are right and we are ignorant. They don't just hate us because of what we have, they want to destroy us because of what we represent. Even those who "convert" are never "clean" enough for them and are looked down on as second-class muslims. I could say more but won't. I was never in the service, any branch, but I've been told countless times by vets that I "get it", the Warrior mentality, the soldier's code, and that I would have made a hell of a soldier. I hold that dear but nonetheless, I was never one. There are some things that I can't truly understand, because I've never been there but I can be enraged just the same.

Reading about this, again, makes my blood boil and we as a nation are acting so impotent about it that it's infuriating.

Mountainman, Yard Dart and Mike like this.
  7. Mike

DL, some who never wore the uniform actually understand. It's not color, it's not background, it's not gender, it's that we served together, that we suffered together, that we would give our lives for the guy next to us because he/she was ONE of us. It's a blood bond. It's family. Those who wear the uniform, who have worn the uniform, who will wear the uniform... they are my brothers and sisters. They are my family. They are my heart. When they hurt, I hurt. When they bleed, I bleed. When they die, I remember them in my heart forever. It is what it is. I can't explain it.

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

You explained it perfectly, Mike. Not sure this was an act perpetrated by a Jihadist, though.... Perhaps just an asshat!

Yard Dart, tulianr and Mike like this.
  9. Mike

The probability is high. Look at the guy in Iraq who threw a grenade into the tent of fellow soldiers because he believed in this false idol that tells them to kill infidel. Well guess what. I AM AN INFIDEL! COME FOR ME, IF YOU DARE!!!! I AM NOT A TARGET

10. ozarkgoatman

DarkLight yes it was tongue in cheek but this the crazy crap we going to hear once again. Was my timing great maybe not but I am so sick of hearing these lines because they're BS

Mike likes this.
  11. Mike

Ozark, you are dead on. Tongue in cheek or not, dead on.

12. ozarkgoatman

Mike I call them the way I see them. You sir are dead on as well.

Mike likes this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm highly annoyed with the base orders to be unarmed. At the same time, I get this mental picture of a couple hundred drawing down on a lone shooter from all directions without a clear shot that doesn't endanger all the rest that are present (think chow hall or class room.) I can make a far better case for designated weapons permitted personnel to be scheduled in all locations where there's more than one trooper. (Force reduction might affect that, dammit.) In any case, civilian contractor security is an absolute travesty. What the sam hill are the MPs doing, playing tiddly winks while getting trained in pacification (community relations?) of tribes that dislike us anyway?

Yes, those of us that served are in a measure, family. So are others, here and elsewhere that we family members have vetted as our own.

tulianr, kellory, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

All Officers and E4 and above Enlisted.

15. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The ID'd shooter.......POS/lower than pond scum.

....................................................................................
    Spc. Ivan Lopez, 1st Battalion, Warrior Transition Brigade, ties a fly during an instructional class at Fort Hood in 2010. (Photo: Killeen Daily Herald)
    Read more at Exclusive! See alleged Fort Hood shooter’s photo

Photo deleted.........

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  16. Mike

Ozark, thanks. Last attack at Ft Hood, I hurt, but I was just angry. This time it hurt, this time I cried.
    Ghrit, you are right. There are those who we have vetted as our own. They feel the pain too.

17. Mike

I have something I'd like to tie around his neck, damn it.

18. Mike

May they be met by the long grey line and welcomed to the fiddlers green. God bless them all.

19. ozarkgoatman

If I couldn't trust someone to use judgment in a chow hall I sure as #$|| wouldn't want them fighting alongside me in a hostile environment.

Mike likes this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hell, no. Most of them can't even begin to qualify on the range, excepting O1 thru O3 that have time in on the front lines, possibly excepting Marines and Seals.

Silversnake and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7