Another shooter at Fort Hood

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

I have trouble sleeping, have dreams, feel inadequate. I treat it with Crown Royal

Mountainman, tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I would agree that there are way too many Muslims attracted to militant extremism; but they are still a miniscule minority compared to the whole. I have known, and worked with, hundreds of Muslims, in this country and throughout the middle east, and many of them I still count among my friends. None of them have ever tried to convert me, nor have they ever made comments derogatory to Christianity, at least to my knowledge. Most of them don't care. They are working to pay for their kids' braces and college. They have bigger problems than worrying about who the infidel is.

I don't consider Islam any more violent or militant than Christianity. Either religion can be interpreted by extremists in a hateful light. People who want to lash out at and hurt their fellow man can always find an excuse. Religion, Christianity as well as Islam, is an easy excuse at which to grab.

Sadly, most Americans only see the negative side of Islam, because the nut-cases are the ones who get the press. Most Americans who hate Islam have never met a Muslim, never read the Qur'an, and never tried to understand the religion. I have. I've tried hard to understand Islam and Christianity, and I enjoy learning more about both. But in the conflict that exists between Islam and Christianity (that exists for some at least) I don't have a dog in the fight; I'm not a Christian, I'm not a Muslim, and I'm not even an Atheist. Even an Atheist has to have some faith, and a level of certainty in their knowledge of what does not exist.

I've accepted the fact that I will probably never know the ultimate spiritual truth, if such truth exists. Watching the battle between the religions strikes me as a bunch of blind-folded kids at a pinata bashing, except that they all have a stick, and there is no pinata; just a lot of bruises.

kellory and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7