anti-gun propaganda: odd question from concerned parents

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Jun 29, 2011.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Not quite as fast as a speeding bullet

Indeed!

It just goes to show that human bodies are more aerodynamically efficient than couches....not quite faster than a speeding bullet....but fast enough with sufficient kinetic energy to do bye standers in the line of fire some damage.

I've never thought of a couch as a kind of sabot munition. : O

BTPost and ghrit like this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

AHA! We need Goobermint mandated Smart Couches, designed to protect us from these deadly accidents. Add Smart Bathtubs too - those things are murder!!

[fnny]

BTPost likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'd rather take my chances with a couch or a bathtub than a

[​IMG] <!-- google_ad_section_start -->I'd rather take my chances with a couch or a bathtub than a goober with a gun.......

I'm astounded Seawolf, that you as a libertarian would even contemplate, let alone suggest that the "Goobermint" as you call it, interfere with a citizen's right to die stupidly....at the hands of idiots misusing couches, bathtubs or firearms if it comes to that.

One would be more likely to extend their life span...by keeping well away from idiots with couches, idiots with guns.....and especially idiots with couches toting guns! : O

[cmfrt]

P.S. I agree with you about dangers of bathtubs......slips, trips and falls, electocutions, drownings, heart attacks from too strenuous coital activity, and self inflicted and homicidal gunshot wounds.....just ask Marat how safe bathtubs are ; )

4. FTG-05

FTG-05 Monkey+

OUTSTANDiNG!!! [beer]

chelloveck likes this.
  5. Seawolf1090

"Humor", Chell, as evinced by the laughing smiley. I do indeed support EVERYONE'S right to do stupid things, and injure or kill themselves in whatever way they wish - as long as it doesn't injure or kill another.......
    I am a strong proponent of the Darwin Award system, and believe the "Goobermint" should cease protecting and fostering the inherently-fatal stupid ones. Let Nature run it's course. Be a whole lot fewer Welfare Cases taking my tax moneys....... :rolleyes:

6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

On Facebook I friended/liked Children's Hospital of Boston, and when they put up that thing about doctors asking "Is there a gun in the home?", quite a few people, me included, were to put it mildly, not happy. Were they asking if there were any knives or baseball bats in the house? Or screwdrivers, nail guns, spoiled/improperly cooked food? No, because it's not a 'hot' political issue. And someone in another discussion, or maybe it was the same one, was unhappy with the NRA for not being willing to compromise. It really disturbed me that some people are so stupid to think you need to compromise on your rights. And I'm with the "Let Nature takes it course" and let stupidity do itself in. Like...I think it was Haas chainsaws, years ago someone said that that brand of chainsaws actually had a warning label that said "Do not attempt to stop blade with hands or genitals." And it was the genitals that got me...as I understand it, to put that on the label, someone would have had to actually try that, and I would not want someone like that reproducing in the first place.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's apt to actually happen. I just have a feeling that a mass die off of sheep isn't too far away. [aiw]

8. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge,only a negligent one.
    Matt

9. Seawolf1090

The sad thing about warnings like that, is that somewhere, sometime, some mental midget DID exactly that! ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7