Any FFL - Gun Dealers here? I'd like some info

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Blackjack, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I was wondering, since I have several firearm purchases planned for the upcoming year, would the 300 bucks or so that it costs to become a liscensed dealer be worth it?

I mean, even if you could just save 10% on $5k worth of guns, your still saving more than it costs to get the ffl, or is it more complicated than that?

What kinda money can you save? And heck, I've got lots of friends that buy guns, could I buy cheap and sell to them for a minimal markup?

What all is involved here?

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

No FFL holders in the house willing to talk?

[chirp,chirp] [chirp,chirp]

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I could be wrong here, so someone please correct me. But I have "heard" (on the internet so it must be true, right?) that it is getting increasingly more difficult to get a FFL if you don't have an actual store front.

Just what I have heard, don't know if it's true. Good luck with your endevor

Ryan

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

You can have it in your home if the city is ok with it.

5. ridgerunner58

ridgerunner58 Monkey+++

I had an FFL in the 90s...yes,I saved money but the liense was a lot cheaper than it is now. Currently I have a C & R license,restricted in what I can buy
    but my interest is mainly C & R firearms.

Cost is a lot easier..>$30 for 3 years.

6. TANGO

TANGO Monkey+++ Founding Member

Go to the ATF site

There are a lot of hoop's to jump thru to get an 01 FFL, having said that, if your intention is to get an 01 FFL is for personal use, expect problem's.

The rules are very specfic about buying for a personal collection.

You would be better off with an 03 FFL which allow's personal purchases to support your collection, the rules are 50 year's or older, but, they bring them right to your door!!!!!

My opinion is worth exactly what you payed for it!!!

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

all you have to do is sell a rifle here and there a year to not worry about personal buys.
    Trust me you will end up selling more than you think .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7