Any GOOD Survivalist mags/newsletters?

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Legion489, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Are there any GOOD survivalist magazines or newsletters out there? The "new" ASG is worthless, anything else? Any small newsletters? One man publications? Anything?!

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Been wondering this myself. Everything is long on promise and short on provide. Picked up a Modern Pioneer for an article on Expert Tips to Buy Use and Train a Mule...nothing but terminology, you can buy them broken green or old, and they have some advantage and disadvantage over horses. 8 pages, and easy 6 of them are pretty pictures of mules with a few words of basic horse riding terminology! 8 Pages! Could have written a GREAT article on HOW to do stuff not just tell you the mules are not donkeys or horses and maybe you would like to consider them for riding maybe.

3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

yer readin it right now :LOL::LOL:

:ROFLMAO:

:lol:

oldawg, Yard Dart and john316 like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Without a doubt SURVIVAL MONKEY is Tops. Frugal Squirrels banned me for life, but they have some good info. BackwoodsHome Magazine has both a forum and a monthly news letter which has a lot of stuff from their magazine for free .... just an email address. Last but not least you might check out "Grandpappy's website" ... www.grandpappy.org/

Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

The backwoodsman mag

w9vhe, Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Life long subscriber to Fur Fish and Game but even it is becoming mostly a Ad Rag.

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Backwoods Home magazine is pretty decent.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. Legion489

Backwoods Home is going belly up. One or two issues left and that is it. His kid is putting out a rag, quarterly, but have not seen it yet.

Fur-Fish-Game is good, but not what it was. I get it for the one or two articles a year that pays for it.

Haven't seen Countryside and Small Stock Journal for awhile, they still around? The original publisher went belly up when the company that put it on the racks went belly up and stiffed them for $40,000. Bought out by big publishing corp and not the same. Sub ran out and I forget, now can't find it on the racks,

Backwoodsman is still worth reading, but I get tired of all the Big Foot articles and other crappola Charlie finds so fascinating.

ANY thing else?!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I read Mother Earth News on-line but I never really buy the magazine. I have bought the Farmers Almanac before because that is one handy reference to have.

I am going to have to read some old issues of Backwoodsman. After my BF encounter, I believe. :)

Legion489 likes this.
  10. Legion489

MEN used to be good, then got lib-tardish. I let my sub drop when they came out and openly supported communist (not just demonrat, but openly communist) candidates. Every so often I get an ad for one year for $10. The few times I ordered it (every four-five years) it was basically worthless to me. I can read it at the library if I want, but there is very little info that is useful to me in them.

Used to be a dealer for BWM, but they claim they changed distributors and dropped me for being "too small" and not buying enough issues, which was their minimum order. I bought all their compendiums (best of...), they were horrible! Redid them for them but never heard back, and suddenly they were putting out what I had told them! Good mag but I am not convinced Big Foot, which is Charlie's pet idea, is really out there. I've heard and seen some weird stuff, but I'd like to see one before buying in. Charlie stated he will keep publishing the articles no matter who hates them. Of course he also insulted a lot of people a while back and told them to cancel their subs if they didn't like it and it nearly put him out of business when they did!

Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7