Any land in the US the goverment doesn't own?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Bgeary, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

Now I'm very new to the off the grid possibility and hopefully research and find ways to get involved with a already established community which I'm finding out to be very rare but that being said what is the laws on owning land in the US? Does the government actually still own the land or is there places this country where its off limits for them meaning the land/property is all yours.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Land is never all yours Cap, Taxes, Taxes,Taxes

Bgeary likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Perhaps, Alaska...

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

You "Own" Nothing, a Title, Bill of sale, or Deed is only good as long as no one wants to take what you have from you!
    Be very wary of certain Congresscriters, they are working very vear hard to make private land ownership a thing of the past, and seizing all private held lands!
    Ironically, the Fed Gov under the constitution cannot OWN any land outside the capital of D.C. and certain Military installations! The very act of seizures is unconstitutional, as are Property Taxes, the IRS and the BLM!

STANGF150, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  5. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

Are we saying it's possible to not pay taxes to the government at all? I already know payroll tax/income tax isn't legal but we are still forced to pay taxes from our paychecks right? What about BLM? Be very careful with your answer.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Nope, it's all state, tribal, or fed owned. @BTPost will clarify, but I think "owned" land is actually long term leased.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Dunerunner

People go to prison for tax evasion. If you pursue that course, you invite the wrath of the IRS, and they are relentless.

Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Like Hawaii, then...

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. ghrit

Are you administering a test? Be careful with your challenges. One might suspect a dot gov plant if one leans to the suspicious side.

STANGF150, Zimmy, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

BLM ( not Obummers babies) Is an illegal gov agency who "Owns" and manages lands that should belong to the public via the State! Those State lands fall under the management of the State, not the Gov, and any/all profits belong to the State and it's people! The Fed Gov has no president or standing in the States, through preemption, and yet we have them running around doing things against the State and operating Law Enforcement outside the charters provided under the constitution! And for those who always say BLM has no powers of enforcement, one only has to look at the Arizona Rangers, Dept. of BLM to see the lies!

3M-TA3, Asia-Off-Grid and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. ghrit

@Hanzo will help with that, but I believe so.

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sure Declare yourself a ''Freeman'' Its legal to do so, Look it up.

3cyl, Bgeary and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

In Alaska, since the US .GOV bought the place “Lock, Stock, & Barrel” from Russia, it was theirs, ALL Federal, and a Terrirorial Possession until The Statehood Act Passed. At that point, any Federal Use Permit holder of Land, had First Right of Refusal, to purchase such Permitted Land, for Fee Simple Service, and Title was then transfered to the User as Patented Land, PERIOD... 90% of Private Lands in Alaska were transfered by this mechanism... The other 10% of the Private Lands were transfered thru the State Municipal Lands Act, by the State Department of Natural Resources Division of Lands... Any and ALL Lands that passed thru the State of Alaska, into Private Holdings were devoid of Mineral Rights, and Tide Lands, which were ALL Retained by the State, Period...

15. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Then, you don't want to read what I would have to say.

16. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

I probably wouldn't so don't bud ☺

17. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Something tells me you are going to have a pretty difficult time accomplishing this.
    I am also beginning to wonder which "alphabet" agency you are employed with.

Dunerunner, SB21, Sapper John and 3 others like this.
  18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Why should I be very careful with my answer, the truth is out there for all to see, all you have to do is look!

Asia-Off-Grid and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Mexico, canada, cuba.
    And that's subject to change.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Generally we have fee simple and leasehold land. First, if you have a mortgage, you don't really own anything. The bank owns it. If it is free and clear and fee simple, you own it. But land has been siezed before for one reason or another. With leasehold, you do not own the land, but are renting it according to its lease terms. You mght own the depreciating building though.

We also have government owned land. And land owned by non-profits. And land by missionary families. Most of the land ownership falls in the last three categories, I believe.

Bgeary, ghrit, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7