Any land in the US the goverment doesn't own?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Bgeary, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

Thought you were talking about black lives matter nevermind relax.

2. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

What does that suppose to mean?

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Oh, Ok! Black Lives matters Obummer shills are ok then? Good to know!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Even if you buy the land outright if you don't pay the taxes each year eventually you will be kicked off your property. Crazy huh?
    Also, most people here in the U.S. Have a 30-year loan with the bank and so they really don't own the home. The bank does.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[pop]

Zimmy, oldawg, Sapper John and 2 others like this.
  6. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

Who was talking about politics? It seems this lil site is full of dummies.

7. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

I'm well aware about your basic home owner. They will forever pay property taxes and what not. I was just searching for some info if there is any way to own property or claim it as yours without our wonderful government being apart of it.

8. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

Exactly grab some more of that because I'll keep you all entertained no problem.

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You do know, with comments like that, you will never find your community. They will see your attitude and take a pass.
    Might want to thicken up the hide a bit sir.

Sapper John and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You can “claim” anything you want, but wether you can backup those claims, is another thing altogether... I should also mention that in Alaska, Property Taxes are a local Municipal Tax, so if one owns property outside a Municipality, or Borough, you pay NO PROPERTY TAXES, at all...

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We don't need your sort of entertainment. Warning issued.

Zimmy and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

What happens with Mineral Claims? I'm not sure how Alaska handles them, if any differently then the lower 48, BLM handles those here! Can you file a claim on land you own and reside on?

sec_monkey likes this.
  13. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

I already know it will take some time to find a community to take me in but I will not stop being me that's for sure. Thanks for your input though.

14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Wow,,,,,,what a way to make an entrance ,,,,I've been frequenting this forum for about 2 years , and I would never insult the long standing member's of this forum , or any other forum , with that type of attitude . Just my opinion here , but , any community that would accept that attitude as normal , is not a community I would want to be a part of ...

Zimmy, Asia-Off-Grid and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Being so remote you don't have property taxes doesn't seem like much of an advantage.
    Because you have to get in and out some how, that takes money, unless you are going to hike, then you are limited to what you can carry in your back.
    Being that remote how does one aquire currency?

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

I'm well aware it seems of how a lot (not all) these high rated members think and its a damn shame. Just because your long standing doesn't make you king of the hil.

17. Bgeary

Bgeary Monkey

I was getting some nasty responses so I'll shoot right back a tad.

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you find mineralite on Federal Land then it is BLM... If it is on State Land, or Land that passed thru State hands, then it belongs to the State, and the State DNR Division of Mining regulates it.. If on Patented Private Land that never passed thru the State, then it is ALL Yours... I worked for a Company that had NG under their Land up in Cook Inlet... the owners are making good money leasing a Well Site to a Production Outfit... and have been for 20 Years....

sec_monkey, Bgeary and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I am in no way near a long standing member , I'm a damned FNG compared to many . I just don't attack anyone , because I don't get the answer I want . So , I'm just going to go grab me a box of [pop] , and see how this one play's out .
    Good luck .

oldawg, Sapper John, Bgeary and 3 others like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Good to know. This is something I need to look into further for my place in Co. Thanks BT

sec_monkey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7