Any land in the US the goverment doesn't own?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Bgeary, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Please stop. You don’t know us and we do not know you. You asked an interesting question and some of the members have shared good information. Let’s get the thread back on topic and keep it there

sec_monkey and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well if I wanted to get out of paying property taxes I would look to the water and go mobile like a sailboat/houseboat or even a 40ft R.V. But thats just me.

sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Thing is, where you moor or tie up, there's a fee of some kind for the priviledge. You get taxed anyhow, but it's indirect.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Anchor out.... or Boondock...:D

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Even a live aboard boat doesn't releave you of taxes, you still gotta eat, buy fuel, ect................
    and that's not even entering port or harbor!

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

True and the same for an RV, but; you can relieve yourself of property taxes if your live aboard boat is licensed in the right
    State and the same for your RV if licensed in a State where you pay just for the license fee and personal property taxes are not assessed as part of that license. The benefit is you can live anywhere you are allowed to moor, anchor, park or camp without charge.

The down side is you have to be able to work from that remote and mobile domicile or have a reliable income to support that lifestyle. Things being what they are, no one gets along in this life for free.

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

In the USA as in most of the rest of the world, the "people" demand and are granted some "right" and then a system is established to pay for those rights. Property tax, sale or value added tax, flat tax, income tax, business tax, transaction tax, the names and list goes on. On C-SPAN on Sept 5, 2018, I saw a democrap congress critter stating that some desired goal,education or health care, was to be financed by the feds taxing some supposed excess profits by Wall St and the rest by the states, about 75 % fed, 25 % state. Easy to pass new or expanded service, but in the end someone must pay for that "free good or service", and usually it seems to be me. Most of the "civilized world" now seems to be in the roughly 50 % range on the total taxes actually collected, and spent for as Wikipedia puts it as compensation for shared services and infrastructure provided by the state, by the individual or business. In every case as near as I can see, the ultimate goal desired by the sheep and furnished by the state, is to take income from those who are engaged in some productive enterprise and transfer it to those who have a "right" to a share of that income. While our goal may be to find land not owned by the government, or the right to use the land we do "own", the goal of an ever increasing number of citizens in our country is to have the "government" supply them with free land and housing. This may either be the actual housing, public housing projects, etc, or a "rent" subsidized payment to a private owner. In most of the world and the desired goal by many in the US, living on a boat will not work, they will tax your income, all good and services that you consume, your boat and personal goods and write you off as one of Hiltery's undesirables who must follow the rules of the herd for your own welfare.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

You were the one who said this site if full of dummies. :rolleyes:

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Wonder if we should tell him that the dumbest one here......... Has probably forgotten more than he will ever know :) BTW I would nominate myself or A-O-G for the dumbest Monkey title :)

10. BenP

BenP Monkey++

+1 For Alaska. I have it pretty good in KY but my more adventurous side would love to live there.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Mr. Bgeary was locked out of the thread after post #28 to prevent further drifting into acrimony. The thread has exceeded its utility and is locked. If there is any more discussion warranted on land ownership, please start another thread,

hot diggity, BTPost, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The only way I know of is to head out to Arizona and find the co-op there to set up shop. As many are probably well aware, there really isn't any way to truly live free in America today without risk, and setting out on your own in the wilderness is a far more dangerous proposition than some may give credit. You would have to do your own research and contact the folks who are homesteading in that area. Anyway, here's the info on the co-op:

And here's some extended information on building without permits, right to travel, etc...

Bgeary and Gator 45/70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7