Any members of Alpha Rubicon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fortunateson, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

All I have to say is [peep] I'll be over here. My brain is still functional. When it ceases to function, I may join you. Then again, I may drink a quart of Windex. Who knows? [loco]

2. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

I just want to be Auntie Entity ... is that too much for a girl to ask??

3. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Got nice legs?

4. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Your business plan is flawed. Takes an 80 IQ to surf the net, and 80 is good for pictures and little else. If you want them to comprehend your insults, you'll probably have to shoot for closer to 90 or else recruit government workers. (The latter being the rubiCon formula...)

5. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Darn...you're right...OK..no verbal insults then....I'll just be kicking, spitting and slapping them then! [gun]

6. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

They're okay ... However, I have other "assets" that are much more prominent ... [stirpot][rofllmao]

Oh, my ... I feel faint ... do you wear leather too?? [whipem]

7. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Cultish?

Alpha Rubicon sounds like a cult. Is that accurate?

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't think you could call it a cult as the word is usually understood to be related to some off brand religion. There does seem to be a bit of regimented kowtowing of the leading clique, i,e,. do what they say or be ostracized and banned. If you are really interested, go to their web page and read a bit of the introduction. That front page turned me off immediately.

9. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Nah...not cult...just a bunch of wannabe nwo leaders...

10. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Naturally, but for you, I'd wear even lace!... :D

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Bane, you live in Macedonia. When you have no idea what you are talking about, it is usually a good to to STFU.

Go to their website and research them. Alpha Disaster Contingencies

12. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

LOL...Sure Clyde...my mistake...obviously those rubicons are great guys, fair and very democratic bunch. And this is what they say:

"DO YOU have the Motivation and desire to be more advanced than the "Average Prepper" when it comes to Preparedness Issues? Are you tired of the people with the "Back Pack Survivalist" mentality? Are you tired of trying a project or product you saw online, only to find out it doesn't work? Are you tired of dealing with flame wars, racists, militants, zealots, BullS}{!t and "Personality Disorders" found on other message boards? Would you like your family to be more involved in preparation?"

Since you are one of the founding members of this board, are they saying that you, as we all, have "Personality Disorders"?
    This made me laugh...
    "Every Year, We Meet In A Remote Field Somewhere, And Build An Entire Community"
    (-- A Rubie describing the Rubicon to a Non-Member)
    Soooo...they go to a remote field and build what? Village, town, trailor park?...ROFL!

And that lunatic fringe page they have is nice...very realistic and true...apparently, we have members here now that were kicked from rubies for all sorts of democratic and anti-lunatic reasons...so, basically we are all lunatics, only rubies are sane! How cool is that!
    Whether I live in Macedonia or US or Mars, I still know BS when I see it, and I see it on their pages... the stories told by people here about how they were treated there mean something, don't you think?...Or maybe it just doesn't matter since we all have personality disorders?

And since, unlike you, I never said anything to insult or offend you, you should STFU!

13. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

They claim 90 day'ers Bane on that web site, can you make it one more month...:D

14. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

hank2222 likes this.
  16. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Monkey++

:D OMG ... I spit diet coke all over the place!! You kinda "walk on the edge of the cliff" don't 'cha?? (Yeah, takes one to know one ...)

As for the Rubicon, I don't really think they are a cult. But War's description of the lunatic fringe describes the people I met within the Rubicon pretty aptly -- a fact I found ironic.

For those who remain members it obviously works for them. I am just not much of a follower and I have a tendency to not trust folks who so obviously want to stifle my ability to make decisions for myself. That was probably a big part of my problem.

For anyone with even a mild interest in psychology and group dynamics they are a very interesting bunch to observe.

17. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Am far from being an "Alpha male" but like you BB, I don't follow rigid "guidelines" very well. Like I said earlier-nothing there that one cannot find elsewhere. One only has to ask or research. I am amazed at the base of knowledge possessed by many here.

18. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

19. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Yup...I don't deal with authorities well also...If a group of people respect each other, make decisions together, in an democratic way, what is to be done next, then they can remain tight as a group. If some of them try to become "leaders" or "commanders", like officers in the army, then mutual respect dies quickly and that group will disband. The larger the group, the shorter the time...Mutual respect is everything! No respect, no friendship...people start avoiding each other, go distant, finally leave.
    Seen it happen many times not only with friends, but with marriages also...

20. kevin

kevin Monkey+

Wow, I step away from guarding the Rubicon for a few months and look what happens… [notfunny]
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

The Rubicon is a closed organization of some pretty serious people with a common goal. None of whom would ever bend to the will of a cult I assure you. I read some of the posts by those who claim they were members of the <ACRONYM>AR </ACRONYM>for some period of time and left for whatever reason… my experience there for the last many years, has been quite different from what they describe.

<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:p></u1:p>I don’t get it, if the Rubicon is simply populated by nuts and sycophants why do some feel so compelled to trash the organization and its members, what’s the gain? How would that help you and yours prepare for the worst?
    <u1:p></u1:p>

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7